Real Estate Broker · Tampa, FL · Member since 2017 · 1k+ posts · 684 votes
I've been investing in real estate for 20 years and I've discovered that success in this field requires an open mind and a willingness to try new things. To make a profit, you need to keep an eye out for opportunities and be creative with financing. It's also important to fully understand your investment options since real estate investing is high-risk. Investing in your education is a smart move because the right strategies can lead to big returns. However, it's crucial to be aware of the risks and use resources wisely to minimize losses.
Investor · Cleveland · Member since 2021 · 247 posts · 240 votes
3y
This reminds me of something I read about the most successful investors. They HATE to lose money. They do everything they can to make sure they don't lose anything. They'd rather miss out on a little bit of profit than expose themselves to risk and potentially lose money.
20 year VET here. I agree and would like to add that betting on yourself and your ideas will be a common theme. When you hear contractors and agents say "are you sure" you might be on to something. Real Estate is chess not checkers!