What was the best advice a mentor gave you?

What was the best advice a mentor gave you?

Specialist · Tampa, FL · Member since 2022 · 29 posts · 21 votes

Having a mentor is vital in your career.

I just got off a call with Jorge Vazquez on my work anniversary today. One of the best things about these one-on-one meetings is that Jorge knows exactly what advice to give you. It's like attending a tailor-made mindset class. Among many of his wonderful insights, the one that I wanted to share here was: "Happiness and sadness is an illusion. The way you live your life is art. You choose what you want to make of it. When you are old, the real satisfaction is not the number of dollars in your bank account; it's knowing that you did something significant and made an impact in other people's lives."

I found this very profound, and I hope when you read this, you feel inspired.

I would love to know what have been some of the best pieces of advice that your mentor has given you? 

1Reply
12 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2021 · 9k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    3y

    Never had a mentor, spending time sharpening the sword while you grow instead of spending all your time hacking down the tree. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.