Referral Appreciated: Accountant with RE experience in LA

Referral Appreciated: Accountant with RE experience in LA

Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2017 · 23 posts · 2 votes

Hey BP,

My business partner and I are Los Angeles based and looking for a new ACCOUNTANT with real estate experience. We are both Real Estate agents in LA who are hoping to find someone to advise and help us and our clients.

Ideally someone who has experience working with real estate investors and can help them take advantage of depreciation, cost segregation, tax planning, and other tax benefits. 

This person will not only be helping us as we grow our portfolio but we will happily refer them to our clients who also purchase investment properties.  

Thank you in advance!

Aaron

0Reply
28 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Agent · Venice, CA · Member since 2015 · 182 posts · 125 votes
6y

I use Tony Watson with Bob Hall and Associates. He is fantastic and works with many real estate investors, plus he owns properties. He also regularly speaks at events & seminars. I met him at one where he was speaking with Bruce Norris.

https://www.roberthalltaxes.com/team/tony-watson/

See this reply in the discussion

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Yonah WeissPro Member
    Cost Segregation Expert and Investor · Lakewood, NJ · Member since 2017 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    6y

    @Aaron Bernbach The only accountant I know in LA that is also on BP that fits your criteria is @Karen Yu. She's great!

    But, I know a few more not on BP. Good luck!

  • Real Estate Agent · Venice, CA · Member since 2015 · 182 posts · 125 votes
    6y

    I use Tony Watson with Bob Hall and Associates. He is fantastic and works with many real estate investors, plus he owns properties. He also regularly speaks at events & seminars. I met him at one where he was speaking with Bruce Norris.

    https://www.roberthalltaxes.com/team/tony-watson/

  • Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2017 · 23 posts · 2 votes
    6y

    Thank you @Yonah Weiss I'll reach out to Karen.

    Thank you @Nick Hedberg I'll reach out to Tony as well.

  • Rental Property Investor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2013 · 119 posts · 51 votes
    6y

    @Aaron Bernbach I'd check out @Amanda Han and her husband Matt MacFarland at Keystone CPA. That's who we use. Amanda has been a guest on the BP podcast, Bruce Norris podcast and they primarily focus on accounting for real estate investors. 

  • Will BarnardPro Member
    Moderator
    Developer · Santa Clarita, CA · Member since 2008 · 15k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    6y

    I agree with Steve, @Amanda Han is great.

  • Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2017 · 23 posts · 2 votes
    6y

    @Steve Buchanan Thank you for the recommendation.

    @Will Barnard Thank you as well.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.