New Investor Moving to Los Angeles

New Investor Moving to Los Angeles

Real Estate Consultant · New York, NY · Member since 2017 · 33 posts · 13 votes

Greetings LA Biggerpockets Community,

I am currently beginning my real estate investing journey on the East Coast, and have plans to move out west to LA in August. I have developed some ideas on how this might work, but would welcome the chance to connect with anyone currently involved in the LA real estate scene to refine my plans and get some insight into the market out there. Feel free to ask any questions. Cheers!

1Reply
7 views

8 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Logan AllecBusiness Member
    Accountant · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 980 votes
    9y

    Welcome in advance, @Antonio Lulli!

    Clarita CPA Group516 Reviews
  • Real Estate Agent · Venice, CA · Member since 2015 · 182 posts · 125 votes
    9y

    @Antonio Lulli - I would love to bounce some ideas around. I'm an active investor and agent in the LA area. I work with a number of investors and am very familiar with the meetups in the LA area.

  • Real Estate Coach · Venice Beach, CA · Member since 2012 · 6k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    9y

    Hey Antonio. Well there are certainly lots of LA folks on these forums, but I think it'd be helpful if you specify what type of investing you are interested in? There's a big difference out here in terms of potential for rental properties, flipping, vs. wholesaling, etc.

  • Real Estate Consultant · New York, NY · Member since 2017 · 33 posts · 13 votes
    9y

    @Logan Allec

    Thank you!

    @Logan Allec


    @Nick Hedberg

    @Nick Hedberg

    Thank you for the offer, I would be delighted to meet up! I neglected to mention in my original post that I will be in town briefly between 6/15 and 6/18, hopefully we can connect then.

    @Ali Boone

    @Ali Boone 

    That's a good point. My experience is relatively limited so far so I am open to multiple strategies, but would like to target value add opportunities rather than turn-key type deals. My goal is to have a clearer idea of what the market in LA is like in order to refine my strategy. Like I mentioned above, I will be in town in June so would appreciate the chance to meet up then!

  • Real Estate Coach · Venice Beach, CA · Member since 2012 · 6k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    9y

    I won't be able to help much on the value-add strategy, but more so I won't be able to help with the LA market in terms of helping you find how to make it work. I always go for cash flow and there's really not any here.

  • Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2016 · 147 posts · 27 votes
    9y

    Speed, quality, price. 

    That is how we operate our flips.

  • Real Estate Agent · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2017 · 120 posts · 36 votes
    9y
    Antonio Lulli congrats on the move and good luck. I moved here from Chicago about 7 years ago and never looked back (for the most part). The market is definitely different out here, though may be similar to NYC?, and there are a lot of players. Happy to connect and help answer any questions. I work as an agent out here and am looking at getting into REI, probably more from a lending money, to experienced investors, standpoint at first. Anyway, an early welcome to LA. Can't beat the winter out here!
  • Real Estate Investor & Consultant · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2016 · 620 posts · 386 votes
    9y

    Welcome to LA @Antonio Lulli ! I'm a flipper here in the city and definitely open to sharing my experience once you get settled. DM me any time. 

    Onwards!

    sjw

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.