Seeking Open Minded Skeptics

Seeking Open Minded Skeptics

Specialist · Marco Island, FL · Member since 2016 · 225 posts · 56 votes

Ladies and gentlemen, I believe I have stumbled across an awesome strategy. Its not magic, its not a miracle. But it seems like an incredible short medium and long term play.

Before I begin there are a lot of very specific variables that come into play. So please don't just take the idea and go do it on your own because there's a good chance it won't work correctly even with some professionals. I'm more than happy to tell you all my secrets for free. So, yea be careful.

but basically, here it is...

I purchase a whole life policy (life insurance), different versions for different reasons. After about year 2 or 3... the cash value will increase by about the amount you pay into it.. dollar for dollar (normally more including the interest)

so, you have this cash account growing tax-free and protected from the markets and the economy. That you can either take policy loans on yourself, or get a collateralized loan from a bank. You can use that money for whatever you want whenever you want. But here's another cool thing, your money is growing at around 7% tax-free (Conservative). The policy loan charges about 4%. This means while you have your policy loan outstanding, you are still making the interest spread on your entire amount. Because technically your money is still in the fund. It has just been loaned on.

reach out and connect with me there's more details to give, but I'm looking for people to try to shoot my idea down honestly.. help me find the holes that I don't see. I've met with two different firms and narrowed the specifics. Let me know what you think!

0Reply
13 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Financial Advisor · Boynton Beach, FL · Member since 2015 · 833 posts · 798 votes
    5y

    @Michael Johnson

    This subject has been discussed in ridiculous detail in many different threads here on BP. Check this one out for a starter...

    https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/519/topics/245380-paradigm-life-infinite-banking-whole-life-insurance?page=3

    7% might be pushing it. Whole life dividend rates are dropping because interest rates are dropping. Indexed Universal Life earns a premium over the debt market return, so falling rates have reduced the cap rates on IULs. 

    Loan rates are below 4% right now. A cash value line of credit can be found at Prime rate.

    The Double Play works. It allows you to put your money to work in two places at once. The combined growth allows for you to build more wealth over time. Enough to make up for the higher fees in the insurance contract.

  • Specialist · Marco Island, FL · Member since 2016 · 225 posts · 56 votes
    5y

    Thanks for the input, I will read it and check out your material as well. From what I have seen between 6-9% is doable. Ive also seen up to around 12% at one firm using a form of a multiplier, I will go find the technical verbiage and tell you. But even they say that 12 is abnormaly high but not unlikely. Thanks again for the input I will be in touch. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.