Investor · Queens, NY · Member since 2017 · 32 posts · 9 votes
8y
For home equity gained through market appreciation, what underlying criteria's should be examined to determine whether a HELOC or a cash-out refinance is the most practical option when aiming to scale your portfolio?
Brooklyn, NY · Member since 2016 · 49 posts · 12 votes
8y
Is it good to target 2 (or more) markets at once when starting out? When is the right time to tap into another market if you've already acquired properties in one market already?
Investor · NYC · Member since 2016 · 51 posts · 45 votes
8y
How would you go about structuring a private money deal with a partner such as your family or friends using an LLC? Do they receive an annualized return or do you split the cash flow with them?
Staten Island, NY · Member since 2018 · 2 posts · 1 vote
8y
1) After how many properties should you set up an LLC structure to hold each property?
2) How long should you wait to do an appraisal for either a cash-out refi or HELOC?
3) Reading several posts on BP, the consensus is that NYC property is not best for cash flow but rather a play for appreciation. With this in mind, a common strategy would be to use the BRRRR method. Are there other worthwhile strategies for REI in the NYC Market?
4) Should you get a real estate license to gain access to the MSL database or would it be better to work with a dedicated buyers agent?
5) What are some methods to find off market properties for REI who are trying to avoid paying retail price?
Rental Property Investor · North Fork, NY · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 631 votes
8y
1) What's the best way to keep track of my income and expenses SO THAT I can invest in RE? (There's no shortage of apps.)
2) What the best way to keep track of income and expenses for each rental property? What records do I need to keep and where should I keep them to make life easier?
3) Should I pay a guru to teach me OR should I read your book then get started on my own?
Long Beach, CA · Member since 2016 · 11 posts · 5 votes
8y
There are different market cycles all over the US, how can I find an up and coming market? How do I determine if it is already saturated and should move on? How do I evaluate a market and market trends?