Creative Financing options

Creative Financing options

Calgary, Alberta · Member since 2017 · 6 posts · 0 votes

Hi everyone,

Here's what's up:  I currently own two properties, both which have businesses running out of them and one rental suite all totalled bringing in $13,000 gross/mo. I am recently approved by my bank for $450K mortgage to buy a new property, but they are requiring 35% down payment, which would mean selling one property. I have a down payment up to $90K but don't want to use all of it, and don't want to sell a property (as I am looking to increase). The property I am looking at buying is a multi-family 4-plex (brings in $3250/mo approx.)

My question is, what is the best (or most creative way) to keep my two current properties, while lowering my down payment for a third property, and avoid the bank (or at least the 35%)? I am having trouble sourcing a decent private investment option. Any advice would be much appreciated! Thank you in advance! 

Sincerely,

Bryan W

0Reply
17 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Las Vegas, NV · Member since 2014 · 471 posts · 241 votes
    9y

    @Bryan Wilson...Understood about not having success with finding a private lender.  Take a look at one of these options:

    1) Is the seller of the 4-plex willing to carry the equivalent of the $35% down that you would need.  Of course it would be in second position.  If the seller would...could you come to terms tat still allows you to cashflow in combination with the bank's terms.

    2) If there is existing financing on teh 4-plex;  a) is the seller open to a subject-to transaction & b) does the payment allow for proper cashflow?  There is a good chance that you could use a good amount of your saved money to pay the seller for their equity.

    3) If the property has is free & clear...is the owner willing to carry your financing for you?  

    Hope this helps you find a solution...best of luck!

  • Calgary, Alberta · Member since 2017 · 6 posts · 0 votes
    9y

    @Jon Lee thanks so much for your insight! I really appreciate it. I will definitely go over those options with the seller (he is a real estate agent himself) so I'll see where it goes from there. Again, thank you for taking the time to respond. Cheers!
    -Bryan

  • Investor · Las Vegas, NV · Member since 2014 · 471 posts · 241 votes
    9y

    @Bryan Wilson....Anytime!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.