User Stats

Votes
Sunil Kapoor
Votes |
Advice from BP on how I could optimize my 3 state portfolio

Sunil Kapoor
Posted Jun 28 2024, 09:15

Hi All,

I have 9 properties spread among 3 states. My properties in 2 states account for about 80% of my cash flow, but the 4 SFH I have in Birmingham account for only 20%.

I don’t want to sell as I’ll incur lots of tax (as they were part of a 1031 in the past), but wonder any strategies like seller finance, etc that could possibly result in higher returns on these properties.

I am curious what other BP landlords do when a few properties in their portfolio aren’t pulling their weight….

Thanks!

User Stats

Votes
Don Konipol
Pro Member
#5 All Forums Contributor
  • Lender
  • The Woodlands, TX
Votes |
Pro Member
#5 All Forums Contributor
  • Lender
  • The Woodlands, TX
Replied Jun 29 2024, 06:02

A little more information, please.  Are there mortgages on the properties? If so how leveraged are the properties?  What is the interest rate on the note (s). 
SFR typically do not provide any cash flow at 70% leverage. This is of course merely a general rule of them as it can vary considerably.

Further, what is your tax bracket?  A 10 % tax on book profit may not be so bad; it may look good in the future. 

While you are likely to get some good ideas in general from BP, you'll find that for specific QUALIFIED advice you should probably spend the $500 for a few hours consultation with someone holding the CRE designation.