Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 2 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Innovative Strategies
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Jarrod Ochsenbein
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Oregon/Arizona
Votes |
Padsplit / Co-living is treating me well so far.

Jarrod Ochsenbein
Pro Member
  • Oregon/Arizona
Posted May 24 2024, 01:32

Started REI in August of '23. Purchased a test pilot home for shared housing. It was successful so I bought 2 more. I am pleased with the results so far. Using Padsplit along with FB Marketplace and Turbo Tenant for marketing. I haven't made my first payment on my 3rd house yet and super happy with the results. Thanks Tom Wheelwright for writing the book "Tax Free Wealth". I read it in April/May of '23 after the tax season and I swear if I ever meet Tom I am going to give him a big ole Kiss!!!! :)

User Stats

Votes
Joe S.
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • San Antonio
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • San Antonio
Replied May 24 2024, 01:49
Quote from @Jarrod Ochsenbein:

Started REI in August of '23. Purchased a test pilot home for shared housing. It was successful so I bought 2 more. I am pleased with the results so far. Using Padsplit along with FB Marketplace and Turbo Tenant for marketing. I haven't made my first payment on my 3rd house yet and super happy with the results. Thanks Tom Wheelwright for writing the book "Tax Free Wealth". I read it in April/May of '23 after the tax season and I swear if I ever meet Tom I am going to give him a big ole Kiss!!!! :)

Are you needing to use the other sources along with Pad Split to fill your properties? How long have you been working with PadSplit?

User Stats

Votes
Andrew Freed
Agent
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Worcester, MA
Votes |
Agent
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Worcester, MA
Replied May 24 2024, 04:00

@Jarrod Ochsenbein - Great recommendations. I am having issues completing some room rentals on one of my properties. I've been using FB Marketplace. Out of all of those listing services, do you have luck with one more than another? Also, any best practices for room rentals that you recommend for screening and keeping tenants. Thanks! 

Candor Realty Worcester Logo
CV3 Financial logo
CV3 Financial
|
Sponsored
Fix & Flip | DSCR | Construction Loans Up to 90% LTV - Up to 80% Cash Out - No Income Verification - No Seasoning Requirements

User Stats

Votes
Jarrod Ochsenbein
Pro Member
  • Oregon/Arizona
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Oregon/Arizona
Replied Jun 22 2024, 14:11
Quote from @Joe S.:
Quote from @Jarrod Ochsenbein:

Are you needing to use the other sources along with Pad Split to fill your properties? How long have you been working with PadSplit?

Yes - I am using FB Marketplace and Turbo Tenant.  I have 4 or my last 9 from TurboTenant.

User Stats

Votes
Jarrod Ochsenbein
Pro Member
  • Oregon/Arizona
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Oregon/Arizona
Replied Jun 22 2024, 14:15
Quote from @Andrew Freed:

@Jarrod Ochsenbein - Great recommendations. I am having issues completing some room rentals on one of my properties. I've been using FB Marketplace. Out of all of those listing services, do you have luck with one more than another? Also, any best practices for room rentals that you recommend for screening and keeping tenants. Thanks! 

Everyone says FB is best, but I have found that Turbo Tenant has been the best.  I used the 30 day free thing and it was great. I will go look to see what it costs and will probably buy it.  FYI - It is not setup for rent by room.  I post my properties there as a 1 bedroom and when I get emails on it I have to let them know it is a room for rent.  About half disappear after that and the other 1/4 are couples.  So I have had many potentials and only 4 actually move in from this, but worth it in conjunction with whatever Padsplit is doing.  I will say Padsplit seems to target the 80% mark and then give up and focus on other vacant properties. I don't blame them if that is true.  I have 3 properties and that seems to be what I have observed at least with mine in the Phoenix Arizona market.  Updated performance  -