Need roofing contractor for roof inspection in Birmingham

Need roofing contractor for roof inspection in Birmingham

Rental Property Investor · Fremont, CA · Member since 2016 · 298 posts · 222 votes

Hi my fellow BP members!

I am a new investor trying to get my first rental property in Birmingham and looking a property from a Turnkey provider whose inspection report shows some issues with the roof which the provider is stating as "nothing serious" and I need another pair of expert eyes who will confirm/debunk their observations.

Any recommendations for any good honest independent roofing contractor who can help me with this?

-Gorden

0Reply
16 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Birmingham, AL · Member since 2015 · 29 posts · 10 votes
    8y

    Gorden,

    It's entirely common for an inspection report to cite a need for a roof soon when buying a turnkey house. (Unless the roof is newly installed) 

     I sometimes wonder if this is done as a liability measure. Although I wouldn't disregard anything on an independent report, If you would like for someone to go by there, I could arrange.

    I'm not sure a roofing contractor is needed. As long as your inspection report came from a certified home inspector, and he provided pictures of the problem area, That's reason enough for me suspect you may need to factor a new roof into your future repair list.

  • New to Real Estate · Guntersville, AL · Member since 2013 · 13 posts · 2 votes
    8y

    I used USA roofing in Trussville

    7127 Gadsden Highway

    5 Star, perfect BBB 

    Can't recommend them enough

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.