Looking for homebuilders in the Winchester area--recommendations?

Looking for homebuilders in the Winchester area--recommendations?

Realtor / Listener / Coach · Charles Town, WV · Member since 2015 · 46 posts · 23 votes

Hi All,

I've got a few lots in a mountain subdivision that's west of Winchester, and I've got a lead on a motivated seller who has another 12 lots he'd like to either sell as a package or work a deal with a developer to build them out.

Average selling price of a 3 bed 2 bath home that's 10 years old or new Shawneeland seems to be about $190k. Here's a list of those sales in the last year. It's a modest but very nice little community. Here's a lot I have listed, along with some shots of the neighborhood.

I'm looking to connect with a builder who operates in that area and discuss putting some homes on these lots, rather than just selling them outright. Can you recommend anyone, or is this an area you operate in?

Thanks!

-Josh

0Reply
10 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Residential Real Estate Broker · Winchester, VA · Member since 2014 · 136 posts · 34 votes
    9y

    I'm interested in either scenario. Will PM. 

    Also seeking fix/flip, JV, and rentals in Winchester and surrounding area. I look forward to connecting on this and other deals.

  • Investor · Winchester, VA · Member since 2015 · 21 posts · 14 votes
    9y

    Josh & Clifton,

    Just wanted to add my name to this thread as another BP member in the immediate area who would be happy to assist in any way I can. To date I've only managed my own rentals but am in the process of getting my VA real estate license and want to expand beyond rentals to flips and new developments.

    Josh - have you considered utilizing a manufactured home from a company like Foremost? Given the expected sales price that may be your best bet to minimize $/sqft.  You can also finish most or nearly all of the interior work yourself (or at least outside the principal contractor) if you lean more towards inputting sweat equity like I do.  Please let me know if I can be of further assistance. 

  • Ben McMahonPro Member
    Investor · San Diego CA · Member since 2014 · 341 posts · 139 votes
    9y
    I'm also interested. Im pretty well connected in the speck home world. My family does it, I used to. Would be interested in chatting more.
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.