What's the deal with Zillow in Utah?

What's the deal with Zillow in Utah?

Member since 2019 · 16 posts · 4 votes

I know that Utah is a non-disclosure state, but I assumed a trend toward more openness when I saw recent sales prices on Zillow a few months ago. That was really helpful for me in understanding market trends, etc. and I was sad to see that Zillow stopped showing those prices about a month ago.

Does anybody know what changed (in the MLS or otherwise) to give Zillow (and I assume Redfin, realtor.com, etc) that access early this year, then take it away a month ago? Mainly just curious.

Disclaimer: I have an agent who is great with getting me information about a property when I ask, and who has several alerts setup with the Utah MLS. I'm not advocating for or against non-disclosure here (though I do have an opinion on it)

2Reply
48 views

Most Popular Reply

Realtor · UT · Member since 2019 · 11 posts · 6 votes
5y

My I understanding is that Zillow became a brokerage and a member of the NAR, so they now have the ability to receive sold data directly from the MLS. The change occurred early 2021.

See this reply in the discussion

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Realtor · UT · Member since 2019 · 11 posts · 6 votes
    5y

    My I understanding is that Zillow became a brokerage and a member of the NAR, so they now have the ability to receive sold data directly from the MLS. The change occurred early 2021.

  • Member since 2019 · 16 posts · 4 votes
    5y

    that makes sense (at least for why they had the data in the first place), thanks for pointing that out!

  • Realtor · UT · Member since 2019 · 11 posts · 6 votes
    5y

    I’m not sure what changed in regards to the sold prices being shown, but as you pointed out, we are a non disclosure state so my assumption is someone at the state level informed them of that guideline and they complied. 

  • New to Real Estate · Saratoga Springs, UT · Member since 2017 · 61 posts · 29 votes
    5y

    I know how you feel @Russell Howes I used zillow alot to get an idea before I called a seller so I wouldnt have to bug an agent. now i'm not sure what to do. I dont want to call an agent every time I look up a property. I wonder if there is a way to set up alerts of sold properties within a zip code? Right now I've been looking at the assessor website, but I'm not 100% confident in it. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.