Analyzing an inspection report to figure out repair costs.

Analyzing an inspection report to figure out repair costs.

Investor · Member since 2019 · 9 posts · 1 vote

Hi BP community,

My name is Ben Meller.

I have a multi family property under contract in Scranton PA and an inspection was done yesterday.

I am relatively new to understanding the costs for the repairs and am not sure how to go about it.

is anyone here able to help me with analyzing the inspection report and figure out the costs of repairs?

Any help including analyzing, pointing out the person who can do repairs, would be greatly appreciated.

I am absolutely willing to pay for your time.

Thank you very much and thank you in advance,

Ben.

0Reply
15 views

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent · Media, PA · Member since 2017 · 361 posts · 250 votes
    6y

    Hey Ben, feel free to shoot me an email. Happy to look over what you've got and offer some of my experiences.

  • Investor · Member since 2019 · 9 posts · 1 vote
    6y

    Thank you so much John.

    What's your email?

  • Real Estate Agent · Media, PA · Member since 2017 · 361 posts · 250 votes
    6y

    Right in my signature banner below. My post will get flagged and removed if I type it out.

  • Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2017 · 824 posts · 1k+ votes
    6y

    On top of estimating items that need to get done now, make sure you set aside 10 to 15k in the unforeseen items that will come up. I had a pretty sparkling inspection report aside from some minor items, and the seller didn't disclose a lot...I've spent about 8k in 1.5 years taking care of deferred maintenance. My CAPEX and maintenance budgets for a partial year 1 and full year 2 were decimated, leading to a lot of unnecessary stress and painful situations.

    Set aside that money now, and either be glad you did or thankful that it potentially won't be needed.

    I'm sure John can help you with those estimates, but this is one semi-newbie investor to another with probably the only advice I'd go back and give myself buying my first true rental that I didn't already think about or know.

  • Investor · Member since 2019 · 9 posts · 1 vote
    6y

    Thank you Joe for your input and taking the time to reply . 

    I will definitely take this into consideration when calculating everything.  

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.