Hood River, OR · Member since 2020 · 1 post · 1 vote
I am wondering if anyone is familiar with Ontario rental market. Looking at a multifamily opportunity with a partner but I am not very familiar with the area. I know the neighboring Idaho counties have seen a big boom, maybe some spillover from Boise area over last year+ Any insights are appreciated.
Rental Property Investor · Boise, ID · Member since 2017 · 228 posts · 180 votes
4y
@Corina Farrar I live in Meridian, ID (suburb of Boise) and grew up out here. I don’t know much about the rental market in Ontario, other than it’s a small town, not very diverse economy, people growing up in Ontario can’t wait to leave kind of place. It’s about 45 minutes-1 hour from Boise depending on traffic. Oregon property taxes but a healthy drive from Caldwell, ID (the closest town). There’s not many people that go back and forth…to be honest the main reason (I’m actually serious about this) that people from Boise go to Ontario is to buy weed because it’s legal there and Idaho has STIFF laws against it. If you invest in Ontario your best bet is to open a dispensary because of the MASSIVE amounts of weed Idahoans buy there!