Hello! I am a new investor trying to get started on purchasing my first rental property in Charlotte NC. I have lived in Charlotte NC for roughly 20 years and would like to obtain my first rental property by the beginning of 2022. I know Charlotte market has been seeing a lot of growth over the years and I believe there's so much potential in this city as I have seen the changes myself. I am looking to find a real estate agent who has been in the city for many years and knows the ins and out of Charlotte's real estate market. Let me know if you have any recommendations and if anyone wants to meet up to chat about the Charlotte real estate market. Thank you!
Realtor · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2020 · 25 posts · 24 votes
4y
@Ji Hye one
Hi!
That’s awesome. Real estate is the greatest thing in the world! My name is Nick Icard, I’m a Realtor/investor here in the Charlotte area.
I recently closed on a house hack myself. There are so many areas here in Charlotte that you can find great deals in. Different strategies can be used for different areas, so there is so much opportunity here. I’d love to help anyway I could! Let’s connect and talk more about your goals and what you want!
Realtor · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2020 · 25 posts · 24 votes
4y
@Ji Hye one
Hi!
That’s awesome. Real estate is the greatest thing in the world! My name is Nick Icard, I’m a Realtor/investor here in the Charlotte area.
I recently closed on a house hack myself. There are so many areas here in Charlotte that you can find great deals in. Different strategies can be used for different areas, so there is so much opportunity here. I’d love to help anyway I could! Let’s connect and talk more about your goals and what you want!
Contrarian Investor · Greensboro, NC · Member since 2016 · 219 posts · 174 votes
4y
Ji,
Welcome to BP and the wonderful world of Real Estate investing. I recommend reaching out to @Kevin Stringari and the great people at Bottom Line realty. I would recommend being patient and waiting for a more buyer advantageous time because on your first few investments you have a higher probability of making mistakes. Making mistakes when your cost basis is low in a buyers market is less risk than making mistakes today with a sellers market and razor thin margins. Hope that helps! Have a blessed week!
Thank you both (Nicholas and Jason) for some helpful insights to my investment journey. I would love to connect with investors around my area to bounce off ideas and gain helpful tips on real estate investment. I know there are so many options available and would like to know what you all think about rental properties in the Charlotte area and other close areas if there are better investment opportunities. I am mainly looking to buy and hold for rentals. Do you know of any local meet ups?
Specialist · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2021 · 185 posts · 106 votes
4y
@Ji Hye one
I am NC real estate agent. I’ve been in the Charlotte area for quite a while. I have a lot of experience with investing and helping investors. Please reach out to me if I can help in any way!
Lender · Winlock, WA · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
4y
Hi
If you should need any lending advice, let me know. You are not stuck to the 15-25% down required by the conventional loans. You can get as low as 10% down on 1-4 family units. Also, have you thought about picking up a property that needs rehab? If you decide to go that route, you can force appreciation quicker and you should cash flow better after doing the rehab. If you want info there I can detail what a hard money or fix n flip loan would look like for you as well.
I manage rental properties in Charlotte, Greensboro and Raleigh markets. Let me know when you have time to chat about the areas that you are interested in. Thanks!