Greetings as a Fellow Northern NJ Novice

Greetings as a Fellow Northern NJ Novice

Clifton, NJ · Member since 2016 · 13 posts · 2 votes

Hi everyone! My name is Jenn, I'm from Northern NJ and am just beginning the process of educating myself in RE. I plan to purchase my first buy & hold property by the end of the year. I am extremely determined to be successful  and hope to connect with like minded people in my area. I have a few questions right off the bat, I would appreciate any suggestions:

~ Any recommendations on where to obtain my RE license?

~ Best REI clubs and networking events in the area?

Thanks Everyone, I look forward to giving back to the community if the future!

~ Jenn

1Reply
16 views

Most Popular Reply

Specialist · Delran, NJ · Member since 2016 · 2k+ posts · 951 votes
9y

Welcome @Jennifer Escobar! Check out What Biggerpockets Has To Offer You. I know it's long, but if you're serious about your commitment to real estate investing take the time to read through the whole thing. It does an admirable job of describing one of my favorite features among many others: keyword alerts. Keyword alerts can go a long way towards having topics of interest to you delivered directly to your inbox and keeping you engaged, and engagement will bring you that much closer to success!

Additionally, do not underestimate the power of the search box at the top right of your screen. Many new members tend to ask questions that have been asked numerous times over and reap a fleck of the information that they could if they searched for their topic of interest first.

Also, the @ mentions feature is a fantastic resource to call your colleagues or other members already in a conversation. Simply type "@" and the person's name then click on their name and it pops up.

Lastly, if you're interested in meetups, SJREIA is a great resource though they may be a bit south of you. You might check in with @Gary Harris in case his meetup is closer to you. Best of luck to you!

See this reply in the discussion

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Lodi, NJ · Member since 2017 · 24 posts · 4 votes
    9y

    Hey Jenn, if you go on meetup.com you'll find some real estate related meetups. I recently found this one in North Jersey: https://www.njreigroup.org/  

    I haven't been to a meetup yet but it looks interesting.

  • Real Estate Agent · Belleville, NJ · Member since 2015 · 408 posts · 94 votes
    9y
    Jennifer Escobar I went to the Kovat school in Maywood. It was kinda far for me but it was 3 weeks and the instructor knew how to teach. As far as meet ups. Look them up on Meetup.com for the area. Just type in real estate investing. However, I enjoy two in Newark, one by glen galluci and the other. Y Samuel colon.
  • Clifton, NJ · Member since 2016 · 13 posts · 2 votes
    9y

    Thanks @johnathan 

    @Johnathan Boyle Thank so much for all of the insight! I plan on building my network soon, I just want to make sure Im sufficiently knowledgeable before jumping head in...We are very near by one another and I will need an agent/investor on my team, so I would love to meet up at one of the meetings you mentioned sometime soon! My husband and I are actually in the process of opening a small grocery on Washington Ave in Belleville. Look forward to doing business in the future!

    ~ Jenn

  • Specialist · Delran, NJ · Member since 2016 · 2k+ posts · 951 votes
    9y

    Welcome @Jennifer Escobar! Check out What Biggerpockets Has To Offer You. I know it's long, but if you're serious about your commitment to real estate investing take the time to read through the whole thing. It does an admirable job of describing one of my favorite features among many others: keyword alerts. Keyword alerts can go a long way towards having topics of interest to you delivered directly to your inbox and keeping you engaged, and engagement will bring you that much closer to success!

    Additionally, do not underestimate the power of the search box at the top right of your screen. Many new members tend to ask questions that have been asked numerous times over and reap a fleck of the information that they could if they searched for their topic of interest first.

    Also, the @ mentions feature is a fantastic resource to call your colleagues or other members already in a conversation. Simply type "@" and the person's name then click on their name and it pops up.

    Lastly, if you're interested in meetups, SJREIA is a great resource though they may be a bit south of you. You might check in with @Gary Harris in case his meetup is closer to you. Best of luck to you!

  • Clifton, NJ · Member since 2016 · 13 posts · 2 votes
    9y
    Odie Ayaga thanks for the advice, I'm already guilty as charged with repeating forum topics... thanks!
  • Hard Money Lender · Sea Girt, NJ · Member since 2012 · 125 posts · 37 votes
    9y

    Start with Meetup.com for networking events. If you are ever looking for hard money loans for fix/flips or buy and holds I am happy to help.

  • Adolph BellamyPro Member
    Investor · New York City, NY · Member since 2015 · 49 posts · 24 votes
    9y

    There is a meet up I just recently started going to.  The site is http://njreelnetworking.com

    it offers great opportunity for networking and the people are very friendly and accommodating to people who are just starting to invest in real estate as well. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.