Network with Jersey City NJ investors

Network with Jersey City NJ investors

Real Estate Investor · New York City, NY · Member since 2014 · 3 posts · 0 votes

I'm a practicing attorney, part time investor with two properties in the Journal Square section of Jersey City, and two properties in Las Vegas. I'm trying to ramp up in JC over the next 6-18 months, and would like to find people who are local that I can share notes and resources with. Please contact me if if you're interested in networking. Thanks

0Reply
7 views

Most Popular Reply

Developer · Jersey City, NJ · Member since 2015 · 43 posts · 48 votes
11y

I have a 3-family (bought it vacant, renovated, then rented it...great cap rate and cash on cash now) in Union City, invested in 2 large scale development projects in downtown JC, and brokered a few commercial deals outside NJ.  I've been looking more recently at deals in JC and Hudson County overall, and always looking to network with other like minded individuals.  Send me a request to connect.

See this reply in the discussion

14 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Involved In Real Estate · Jersey City, NJ · Member since 2015 · 10 posts · 0 votes
    11y
    Hi Kenneth, I also started investing in Jersey City two years ago. One of my properties got impacted by Irene and Sandy, but thought a lot to me. I am trying to get some new ones in the area. In order to help with my investments, I also got my real estate License. In my day life, I am a program manager and data scientist.
  • Investor · New York City, NY · Member since 2014 · 18 posts · 11 votes
    11y

    Hi Kenneth -

    Great score with the two Journal Square properties. That area is changing so much and is definitely the area to be in. I have one in J.S. with a partner and two others nearby, but lots of my time and research I've been looking in that neighborhood for more units.

    Let me know if you ever want to connect and share ideas. PM me if you'd like.

    Best, Regina

  • Hoboken, NJ · Member since 2012 · 25 posts · 4 votes
    11y

    Good job Kenneth! I can't agree more that JSQ area produces great return among those markets that of the comparable resiliency and potential to appreciate in property value. I myself live in Hoboken and have one rental property in JSQ.

    I'm relatively new to investment, but would be happy to connect and exchange thoughts

  • Alok SoodPro Member
    Investor · Hoboken, NJ · Member since 2012 · 56 posts · 39 votes
    11y

    @Kenneth B. @Burak Arikan @Terry S. @Regina G. 

    If you don't all mind me asking, what kind of returns are you getting from your JSQ investment properties? Are you able to meet the 1% rule or greater? 

    -Alok

  • Real Estate Investor · New York City, NY · Member since 2014 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    11y

    @Alok Sood, bought the first one in 2007, and second in 2014. Second very close to 1%. I overpaid for first, but rent still covers all expenses so still happy with it.  

  • Real Estate Investor · New York City, NY · Member since 2014 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    11y
  • Real Estate Agent · Jersey City, NJ · Member since 2014 · 41 posts · 26 votes
    11y

    Great to network with fellow investors. I have properties in JC downtown and JSQ. Looking to expand more.

    It's becoming harder and harder to find properties that meet the 1% in JSQ area. Since the market picked up, JSQ has seen a flood of investors and anything good that comes up, is either overpriced or gets scooped up really fast.

  • Developer · Jersey City, NJ · Member since 2015 · 43 posts · 48 votes
    11y

    I have a 3-family (bought it vacant, renovated, then rented it...great cap rate and cash on cash now) in Union City, invested in 2 large scale development projects in downtown JC, and brokered a few commercial deals outside NJ.  I've been looking more recently at deals in JC and Hudson County overall, and always looking to network with other like minded individuals.  Send me a request to connect.

  • NJ · Member since 2015 · 21 posts · 3 votes
    11y

    Hey how are you, 

     I just came across a post you wrote about Jersey City. I'm from Teaneck NJ and am currently working in downtown Jersey City. Journal Square I believe is definitely a good area. Personally I think it's too late to invest in downtown JC because it's already in the process of being developed and costs are already at a max. Journal Square hasn't fully started but small changes are taking place, and will definitely be worth while. I've been looking a little past downtown JC into the bergen/lafayette region. You're slowly starting to see small changes but the investment excitement hasn't fully transferred there yet. If interested, keep in touch. I'm new to this game as well and always looking to learn from others around me.

  • Investor · Jersey City, NJ · Member since 2015 · 10 posts · 4 votes
    11y

    I own an investment property and in the process of closing another one in Jersey city and would like to connect with fellow investors in Hudosn county.

  • Investor · Jersey City, NJ · Member since 2015 · 10 posts · 4 votes
    11y

    I am in contract to buy a residential rental property with 7 units and looking to for inspection company. Would you recommend any one?

  • Educator · Jersey City, NJ · Member since 2015 · 8 posts · 5 votes
    11y
    New to investing in the Bergen lafayette area of JC and would love to network with other investors! In the process of closing on a 3 fam brownstone.
  • Investor · NJ · Member since 2015 · 4 posts · 0 votes
    10y

    Hi everyone,

    I'd also like to network with others in Jersey City.  My experience has been in downtown Jersey City and am always looking to do more in that area.  I'm a landlord and have done some rehabbing to small multi-families and condos.  I love to connect and talk local real estate with you!

  • Real Estate Agent · Newark · Member since 2014 · 55 posts · 31 votes
    10y

    Hello all!  I'm a local real estate advisor and I'm pretty sure I can be of service. Currently living right on Magnolia behind the path.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.