Moving to MI. Looking for good cities to invest in.

Moving to MI. Looking for good cities to invest in.

Orlando, FL · Member since 2015 · 10 posts · 1 vote

I have finally decided to make the move from Florida up to Michigan. I'll be moving to the Oakland County area and want to start the first flip up there asap. I know that the greater Detroit area can be very hit or miss, and with little personal experience with the area it makes me nervous. Can anyone fill me in on which area/cities are the up and coming spots that are worth investing in? 

Down here in my market of Orlando things sell fast. Especially starter homes. As an example, I just received 3 offers within 12 hours for a 3/2 starter. What is the market like up there? What is the avg days until sold look like? 

Also, if you are a wholesaler in the area I would love to get on your buyers list. Please message me.

1Reply
9 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Ypsilanti, MI · Member since 2016 · 14 posts · 5 votes
    9y

    Hey Nick.  Best of luck with things up here.  It's very different from the fast market you or I are used to.  I came from San Diego where cash sales happen within weeks.  However, my first deal in Ypsilanti, took almost a month and there were a lot of starts and stops.  Since closing on the place and working on renovations, finding good help has been an even greater challenge.  There just isn't a good supply of help.  Oakland County might be a little different but I don't think by much.    

    Detroit is not easy to get into on your own.  Everything that has stabilized is way over price and what's left are not exactly deals.  It's worth it to stay close to the market and look for the right deal but I haven't found a single place, currently, that makes sense based on numbers.  

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.