New to investing, but confident and ready to jump.

New to investing, but confident and ready to jump.

Wholesaler · Enfield, CT · Member since 2016 · 47 posts · 13 votes

As my subject states, Currently living in Enfield CT, and although I feel comfortable with the tons and tons of information I have absorbed in the last 2 months, the last 9 years of my life has been the Marine Corps, so having said that, I would like to get some insight on the CT market, Multi-family mostly, but SFR as well. Looking into foreclosures, as well as any agent contacts (motivated/honest) agent, I have had many agent referrals, know a few personally in my area, and I would simply like to keep looking...Also, I just have some basic questions about the market/General REI if anyone can help. Thank you in advance.

Best Regards,

Dave

0Reply
11 views

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • China, ME · Member since 2014 · 3k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    9y

    Hey, David.  

    First of all, THANK YOU for your service in the Marine Corps. 

    You've posted this in the Massachusetts forum, so you might not get the information you're looking for.

    If you decide to venture into the wild world of Mass. real estate, I'll do whatever I can to help.

  • Investor · Warner Robins, GA · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 490 votes
    9y

    Hey man welcome to the grind!

    Thanks for your service!

    Go listen the the BP podcasts. 

  • Rick SantasierePro Member
    Real Estate Broker · Granby, CT · Member since 2015 · 694 posts · 317 votes
    9y

    @David Noskiewicz! Welcome and thank you for your service.  I grew up in Suffield, CT right across the bridge, so I am extremely familiar with the area.  I am a real estate broker right here in Hartford county and work with investors consistently.  I am more than happy to spend some time with you over the phone or to have coffee to share my experience with you.  We are a small real estate brokerage, but invest in real estate as well, as well as manage property for other investors.  Please feel free to reach out any time.  

  • Wholesaler · Enfield, CT · Member since 2016 · 47 posts · 13 votes
    9y

    @Rick Santasiere, I would love too and greatly appreciate it. I'll reach out to you in the "immediate" near future , and  @Charlie MacPherson, I am literally 3 min's from the longmeadow boarder, so to be honest I am thinking of looking into MA as well. However , I feel substantially more "comfortable" in my area , but do drive to North Hampton , and Amherst once a week, and head up to Willmington VT every other week, stopping throughout MA, doing as much homework as I can. Since I'm only in that area for a few hrs a week, I believe I have a very precise and hopefully effective strategy for that area, but obviously this is an outsider's "hope". I plan on learning both markets and won't stop researching till I do. I could explain how trajectory is affected by the moonlight, forward airspeed, or air density of a bullet...however....I feel "naked" when it comes to making my first investment. I appreciate all of you gentlemen and anyone else who replies as well. 

    Best Regards 

    Dave

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.