Real Estate Savvy Lawyer in DMV Area

Real Estate Savvy Lawyer in DMV Area

Investor · Tampa, FL · Member since 2015 · 34 posts · 8 votes

Hello,

We are currently having issues with our property manager and current tenant regarding on-time rent payments and overall inadequate communication practices.  Despite our best efforts, we have not been able to resolve this and need to begin legal preparations.  Can anyone in the Maryland, DC, Virginia area recommend a lawyer that we can consult?  Thank you.

JT

0Reply
12 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · White Haven PA · Member since 2014 · 362 posts · 221 votes
10y

I agree. Not enough information.. If you need an eviction attorney for Maryland Richard Basile in Greenbelt is the best/Cheapest I've found.

Ray

See this reply in the discussion

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Justin PiercePro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Woodbridge, VA · Member since 2008 · 543 posts · 121 votes
    10y

    Where is the home located?  Maryland, Virginia and D.C. all have different laws.

  • Professional Auctioneer · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    10y

    We are currently having issues with our property manager and current tenant regarding on-time rent payments and overall inadequate communication practices. Despite our best efforts, we have not been able to resolve this and need to begin legal preparations. Can anyone in the Maryland, DC, Virginia area recommend a lawyer that we can consult? Thank you

    What is the problem with your manager.....?  Unable to deal with the tenant? NO communicating with you, keep proceeds of rent, poor tenant management.....drinking, drugs........ over charging?

    Your tenant, talk to them, find the problem, try to work it out with them (unless they are professional tenants), who checked their references?

    When was the last time you were there? Are you an absent landlord?

    I see tenants as customers and try to do what I can to keep them happy within reason.

    I should say my wife is the caretaker of our tenants, she knows how to work with tenants with payment problems.

    I can refer some folks to you; we have been using a Landlord service for years, no need to attend rent court, it is worth the few bucks that they charge.

    Where is your rental?

  • Russell BrazilBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Real Estate Agent · Washington, D.C. · Member since 2012 · 17k+ posts · 30k+ votes
    10y

    There just is not enough information here to provide you with the advice that you need.  Do you need a lawyer as the go between, between you and the PM? That is likely just going to cost you money for no real service. If thats the case, just fire the PM and get a new one.

    If the lawyer is to begin the eviction process, again, thats something a new PM can probably handle.

    Sueing a PM isnt likely to do much, so you will not have much of a tangible loss. You would likely spend more in lawyer fees than you would be able to recover.

  • Investor · White Haven PA · Member since 2014 · 362 posts · 221 votes
    10y

    I agree. Not enough information.. If you need an eviction attorney for Maryland Richard Basile in Greenbelt is the best/Cheapest I've found.

    Ray

  • Justin PiercePro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Woodbridge, VA · Member since 2008 · 543 posts · 121 votes
    10y

    I've used Richard Basile as well.  That is who I was going to recommend if this was just an eviction but it sounds like it might be more complicated.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.