Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 2 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Off Topic
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes

ATM Investments fund

Posted Jan 10 2021, 09:47

I am interested in an investment where I would provide capital to ATM company for a return. I've spoken to briefly with paramount management group and real asset investment.  They mention returns of 25-36 percent.  I'm a novice and was hoping that someone could provide me with some guidance?  Maybe other companies that might make more sense..  

User Stats

Votes
Yan Yan
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • North Bergen, NJ
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • North Bergen, NJ
Replied Mar 21 2021, 13:35

Hi @Derek C. Thompson, i actually invested in the ATM myself and did a tons of research before i invested in it comfortably.

Three key take-aways from my independent research:

1. ATM business mainly makes money from the transaction fee. The target customers are the unbanked and underbanked population, which is 30 million household in US. Since COVID, the demand for cash actually increased, so this is a recession resistant play. Historical data shows that the transaction fees are very stable and predictable. 

2. Given the demographic of unbanked and underbanked population, the demand for cash will not go away in foreseeable future. It will co-exist with other "new" payment methods such as google pay, apple pay and credit card etc, because the target customers are different. The unbanked and underbanked population cannot take advantage of these new technology because they don't have a bank account to begin with.

3. The real competitor of ATM is bank branch, in terms of withdrawing cash. The customers prefer ATM, as you don't have to go to branch at business hours and wait in line, you can simply do it at 24-hour ATM. The bank, on the other hand, welcomes this as well, because it's cost efficient than having a branch. The data shows ATM consistently grew and branches consistently declined in recent years.

4. The new generation ATM can do a lot more than dispersing cash. That's the upside. But i am very happy with the downside protection it provides. It's a nice hedge to my equity portfolio.

I hope this helps. You can message me if you want to discuss more about my own research. 

User Stats

Votes
Brandon Shapiro
  • Rockville, MD
Votes |
  • Rockville, MD
Replied Apr 11 2023, 18:36

Hi Derek, I am not sure of other companies where you can passively invest but as for Paramount Management I would stay away.  Being in the industry for over ten years and running over 500 machines myself I can only say they are bad dudes.  Everyone I have ever talked to (and I know a lot of people in the industry) has only said bad things about those guys.  

BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
Sam Elder
  • Investor
  • Valley Center, KS
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Valley Center, KS
Replied Oct 19 2023, 11:45

@Brandon Shapiro what specifically do people say about these groups? I’ve been looking at them as well. thanks!!

User Stats

Votes
Vessi Kapoulian
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Los Angeles, CA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Los Angeles, CA
Replied Jun 26 2024, 14:10
Quote from @Brandon Shapiro:

Hi Derek, I am not sure of other companies where you can passively invest but as for Paramount Management I would stay away.  Being in the industry for over ten years and running over 500 machines myself I can only say they are bad dudes.  Everyone I have ever talked to (and I know a lot of people in the industry) has only said bad things about those guys.  

I wish I had come across this post earlier. Unfortunately I unvested with them (via another syndicator). It started well for a short while. They appear to have run into liquidity and cash flow issues currently and worst of all have gone dark and not shared any of the requested financial information. I am hopeful the next scheduled distribution arrives but hope is all I have at this point.

User Stats

Votes
Christopher G.
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Hohenfels, Germany
Votes |
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Hohenfels, Germany
Replied Jul 14 2024, 03:16

Yep, I'm in a ATM deal with Paramount, through David Zook, and they missed their quarterly payment this month.  Lots of Webinars that I'm trying to watch after the fact but this is very concerning!

User Stats

Votes
Chris Garzino
Pro Member
  • Bergen County, NJ
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Bergen County, NJ
Replied Jul 16 2024, 17:55

Bigger Pockets sent out an alternative investment article which included ATM investments as a suggestion.  In the article it included a link to a presentation by ATMInvestors.com.  Has anyone heard of or have experience with this company?