Golden Apple Real Estate Inc. by Karen Gray

Golden Apple Real Estate Inc. by Karen Gray

Member since 2019 · 3 posts · 5 votes

Has anyone heard of a certain Golden Apple Real Estate Inc by Karen Gray hiring in Calgary, AB. It's a hoax hiring. They have a decent looking website which was up last week, but now it's nowhere to be found! http://golden-apple.org/. It now says that the domain is marked inactive. They have a very promising job offer for a CA$3000 bi-weekly for a Real Estate Manager position, they have a very detailed and impressive job description and they tried to call me. They claim that they are based in San Francisco, California and they are expanding in Canada specifically here in Calgary. They called me for an interview and they would send the link for the software that I need to start my online training just right after I send back my signed agreement. But I got suspicious especially that the guy I spoke with who says his name was John Mason couldn't provide me an address. He said that they are still choosing from two properties. I was told that I need to start mid of July at a physical office but June is almost done and there's no property inplace yet! Secondly, I noticed in their website that when I clicked the FB, Twitter and YouTube links, there's not even a real account existing.

These scammers are losers!

4Reply
28 views

Most Popular Reply

Member since 2019 · 1 post · 1 vote
7y

After I did the 1st task, they sent me a bank form. I suspect that they are scammers, but why they are doing this?

See this reply in the discussion

12 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Member since 2019 · 2 posts · 2 votes
    7y

    I was recieving job email from them and emailed back and forth for a bit and they are in the midst of hiring me but I suspected it was a scam because the " HR " lady said that the realtor is still looking for an office location in chicago. How can they staff up when they dont have a location of operation!

  • Member since 2019 · 2 posts · 2 votes
    7y

    I didn't sign their contract thankfully because this company barely exists. You're the only other person I've seen encounter or mention this company. 

  • Member since 2019 · 1 post · 1 vote
    7y

    I asked them the same question and they said somewhere in La, and I’m like where exactly? And she won’t give me, and the lady seems don’t know much English and were reading off the script when interviewing me, then I got my first task of researching offices, I feel like this is a real job task. Now when I look at your post I think it maybe a scam then....I will not do the task anymore, I’m just curious how this scam actually works

  • Member since 2019 · 3 posts · 5 votes
    7y

    They just wanted to get their victims' personal information. We have to outsmart them. 

  • Member since 2019 · 1 post · 1 vote
    7y

    After I did the 1st task, they sent me a bank form. I suspect that they are scammers, but why they are doing this?

  • Member since 2019 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    7y

    OMG same here ,i sent only my ID  proof and then suspected coz they dont hve any Identity anywhere in google . after requesting the sent me a website www.golden-apple.net and whatsapp number . i was about to send in the Employment details , but gods grace i had a gut feeling that this was a scam and wanted to check again about the company and found reviews and was so thankful to all u ppl for postings about this company . 

    really what do they get from this .

  • Member since 2019 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    7y

    For me a lady called named Kate Mayson . same job offer , same salary . when they offer u to pay soooo much then cant they hve a website or proper place . hmm

  • Member since 2019 · 1 post · 0 votes
    7y

    I was second guessing them also but they seem so real. I been doing tasks for them Monday-Friday and have yet receive a pay check, but they do give me $80, $90 dollars every time I’m done my task. Has anyone been doing it longer than two weeks ?

  • Member since 2019 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    7y

    @John Brisbon Jr how are they paying? 

  • Member since 2019 · 1 post · 1 vote
    7y

    It's a SCAM!! Please don't fall for it like I did. I kept doing the tasks for like a week and kept touch with them on whatsapp. I had to close my bank accounts and change my phone number because they got my information. I spent almost two hours at the bank with a representative to make sure they can't get access to my money. Yesterday they asked me to receive money from Zelle. They claimed it is my salary. So I accepted it. Later on they told me to cash this money and send back to the company because this is one of their client's money. I never cashed the money because it seemed so suspicious. I called my bank immediately to restrict my accounts. These scammers kept calling me from two different Navy Federal Union's number. I only responded to one. The lady told me in the phone that there's an investigation against me because I stole money. She did not seemed professional at all. I called the Navy Federal back later and the representative confirmed they never called me, my number is not in their database. And then I had a call from the police. I never picked up the phone so they left a voice message. They basically said the same thing. I stole the money, so I am in a huge trouble. The guy had a very thick Indian accent. Later today I got threading Whatsapp messages that they will kill me if I don't cash that amount and send it back to them. They claimed they are members of some kind of Mexican cartel and their people will find me. The messages were so terrifying. I could not hold my tears. I rushed to the police station immediately. I was so scared, because they know my address, how I look like etc. The officers told me not to worry because it happens all the time and in most cases these people are overseas. I made a police report and they sent me free. The money is still on my account. The officers and the police told me not to touch it as the bank claimed this morning when I closed all my accounts that they will transfer it back eventually when the fraud investigation closes at my bank. I have an open fraud case from yesterday when I called my bank and reported the suspicious activity. I hope you guys understood what I was saying, because English is not my first language. 

  • Member since 2019 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    7y

    @John Brisbon Jr I mean how are they paying you for the task? Via check?  Or direct deposit ? Also do you have the training software? I just received my first task today. Have you spoken to anyone from the company? 

  • Member since 2019 · 3 posts · 5 votes
    7y

    Oh no, that's scary! 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.