Do your kids get bored? Recipe for an ER visit

8 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Mercer Island, WA · Member since 2008 · 22k+ posts · 14k+ votes
    17y

    Guess they really wouldn't want to know about the time my mom caught me and my younger brother just as we were about to launch my youngest brother down the slide. On his tricycle.

    Or, about when my kids were playing "bike tag". Which did end up in an ER trip.

  • Ridgeland, MS · Member since 2009 · 106 posts · 0 votes
    17y

    Ha, sounds like you and I grew up alike. Creating our own fun!

  • Real Estate Investor · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2008 · 553 posts · 20 votes
    17y

    Reminds me of when the cops pulled up My little brother (8) holding a sled me (11) on my YZ 125 with a good length of rope.

    Cop; "What you doing?"

    My reply "Um Nothing!"

    Idling next to an obvious trail around the whole niegborhood jumping every snow bank.

  • Joshua D.Pro Member
    BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    17y

    We did that with a bike and skateboard . . . as I got older, I thought it was fun hanging off the back of cars on my roller blades. We'd see who had the biggest stones by hanging on as the car sped up. 45+ on blades is not a good idea!

  • Ridgeland, MS · Member since 2009 · 106 posts · 0 votes
    17y

    You win Josh! That is some road rash waiting to happen!
    I thought my former career as a professional rodeo bullfighter was crazy! At least I got paid.

  • Joshua D.Pro Member
    BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    17y

    Yeah - I've done some really stupid stuff in my reckless years. I'm definitely over it!

  • Real Estate Investor · Bayou Vista, TX · Member since 2008 · 58 posts · 8 votes
    17y

    I guess teaching my 3 year old how to run a screw gun isn't that bad of me after all :)

  • Member since 2009 · 499 posts · 117 votes
    17y

    my cousins taught there horse to pull a coaster wagon like a buggy,,,cept buggies are a whole lot wider and MUCH more stable(and dont run up and hit horses hoofs going down hill)(cause they aint got no brakes).

    Ever try a coaster wagon at horse full speed??

    We used to ride an aluminum scoop shovel tied on to the saddle horn with a 50 ' lasso rope and turn crack the whip corners. this was all on alfalfa field stuble that was a little less than smooth!! It was much easier on snow!!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.