Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here
Off Topic
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes

Trying to post FSBO ( for sale by owner) on Zillow but it is not allowing me?

Posted Apr 12 2024, 12:22

Ive been trying to post FSBO on zillow for 2 weeks in Central Florida. Ive submitted the Land on there website and all it says its " they will contact me in 2 business days but never get contacted. Ive apply on two different accounts and sent customer service emails and no response.

Has anyone had trouble posting a FSBO on Zillow either?

User Stats

Votes
Bruce Woodruff
Pro Member
#4 All Forums Contributor
  • Contractor/Investor/Consultant
  • West Valley Phoenix
Votes |
Pro Member
  • West Valley Phoenix
Replied Apr 12 2024, 12:33

Why are you trying to get it on Zillow? Just list it on the MLS as a FSBO and it will automatically end up on all the other sites...

User Stats

Votes
Shawn McCormick
Pro Member
  • Realtor
  • Orlando, FL
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Realtor
  • Orlando, FL
Replied Apr 13 2024, 05:50
Quote from @Christian Timiraos:

Ive been trying to post FSBO on zillow for 2 weeks in Central Florida. Ive submitted the Land on there website and all it says its " they will contact me in 2 business days but never get contacted. Ive apply on two different accounts and sent customer service emails and no response.

Have you ‘claimed’ the house as yours on Zillow. Once you own it, you should claim it. I don’t think the cross reference with public records, but maybe that doesn’t match or something?
this is just another reason to use a Realtor….or at
minimum use a flat fee service so it gets syndicated out to all the sites.

Shawn McCormick Logo
BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
Replied Apr 13 2024, 06:49
Quote from @Bruce Woodruff:

Why are you trying to get it on Zillow? Just list it on the MLS as a FSBO and it will automatically end up on all the other sites...

I though I can just post it right from zillow. I dont have access to the MLS but I guess I can get with a platform that post it for me for a fee.

User Stats

Votes
Replied Apr 13 2024, 06:51
Quote from @Shawn McCormick:

Have you ‘claimed’ the house as yours on Zillow. Once you own it, you should claim it. I don’t think the cross reference with public records, but maybe that doesn’t match or something?

I got it from a tax deed and propstream shows im the owner of the land already. I also didnt know I have to claim the land on zillow. I though it was just Post it and thats it from zillow. Would you  recommend a platform that would allow me to pay to have it posted

thanks for the information btw

User Stats

Votes
Bruce Woodruff
Pro Member
  • West Valley Phoenix
Votes |
Pro Member
  • West Valley Phoenix
Replied Apr 13 2024, 07:04
Quote from @Bruce Woodruff:

I though I can just post it right from zillow. I dont have access to the MLS but I guess I can get with a platform that post it for me for a fee.

If you're positive you want to sell it yourself then there are brokers that will let you list for as little as $99. But be sure, it is not easy and generally, a good agent is well worth it!

User Stats

Votes
Shawn McCormick
Pro Member
  • Realtor
  • Orlando, FL
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Realtor
  • Orlando, FL
Replied Apr 14 2024, 06:31
Quote from @Shawn McCormick:

I got it from a tax deed and propstream shows im the owner of the land already. I also didnt know I have to claim the land on zillow. I though it was just Post it and thats it from zillow. Would you  recommend a platform that would allow me to pay to have it posted

thanks for the information btw

When you go to Zillow, put in your address and in the upper right corner you have "edit, save, share & more", click on more and then a drop down menu has 'claim as your home'. 

Call Rob at Sandollar Realty in Orlando, he does flat fee listings and can help you out, he is an extremely seasoned investor and broker. Just noticed that you are saying land, so there is no home? that could be the issue, but not sure. I've got several land investors that I could probably get it sold for you. PM me the details and I can send it to a few people. 

Shawn McCormick Logo

User Stats

Votes
Scott Morris
  • Investor
  • Tampa, FL
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Tampa, FL
Replied Apr 15 2024, 15:02

I just went through this today. You have to submit a ticket with Zillow and hope they reach out to you. They will want you to provide information that can't be gotten online and unfortunately, most things related to deeds/tax bills in Florida can be gotten online. Also, Zillow places FSBO listings in a hard-to-find location on their website (separate tab). You can list on websites like HomeCoin for $95 and that'll put it on the MLS and therefore Zillow for you.

User Stats

Votes
Scott Morris
  • Investor
  • Tampa, FL
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Tampa, FL
Replied Apr 15 2024, 15:02

In addition, I'd post on Facebook Marketplace, Craigslist, LandSearch, LandCentury.  All have free options to post your property.