Yellow letter call from a celebrity... who yelled at me :)

Yellow letter call from a celebrity... who yelled at me :)

John HornerPro Member
Flipper/Rehabber · Columbus, OH · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 655 votes

I just had to share this, pretty funny. Goes to show you never know who you're going to find. I live in Columbus and got a call today off a yellow letter from a former OSU football player who also played in the NFL for 8 years. He didn't even let me talk he just said "Is this John, this is (insert celebrity) and I'm not selling my damn house so quit bugging me, unless you want to pay half a million for it" CLICK.

So pretty funny because I sent a single letter, and he called me from an unknown number 5 or 6 times before I finally answered because he wouldn't leave a message. So who is really bugging who here???

My letter says "... I pay cash and can close quickly, if you are interested, please call me at xxx-xxx-xxxx". So many people ignore the "if you are interested" part.

I find it amazing that people get multiple pieces of junk mail every day that they toss without opening, and they don't feel the need to call up Chase or Capital One or Trugreen every time they get a letter to tell them to screw off???

Anyhow, just got a kick out of it, wanted to share. If you are starting out certainly don't get discouraged by this, there are always going to be haters!

0Reply
6 views

8 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Investor · Sioux Falls, SD · Member since 2013 · 415 posts · 84 votes
    13y

    haha thats hilarious!

  • Wholesaler · Miami, FL · Member since 2013 · 22 posts · 2 votes
    13y

    Getting yelled at for repeat mailings is one of the best parts of the business! I always looked at it as I am doing something right :)

  • John HornerPro Member
    OP
    Flipper/Rehabber · Columbus, OH · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 655 votes
    13y

    Haha @Account Closed

    That's a great way to look at it!

  • Specialist · Portland, OR · Member since 2013 · 93 posts · 29 votes
    13y

    Thank you for sharing @John Horner .

    I am about to send out my first batch of mailers this coming week. (GETTING UP AND DOING SOMETHING!) These type of stories are fun to have in mind for...who knows what may come my way. I am not easily offended, so that I am sure will help. I have to agree, HE seems to be the one harassing. You sent ...ONE letter...that is easily recyclable! lol. I guess sometimes people just need to blow off steam about unrelated things...so I guess that makes us their sounding board/semi-therapist. haha. KEEP IT UP!

  • Commercial Landlord · Macon, GA · Member since 2013 · 79 posts · 33 votes
    13y

    Direct mail definetly dreges up the crazies!

  • Investor · Inland Empire, CA · Member since 2013 · 41 posts · 8 votes
    13y
    Haha sounds like he played before they implemented the helmet to helmet rules? Definitely some screws loose!
  • Wholesaler · Washington, D.C · Member since 2011 · 449 posts · 94 votes
    12y

    Gotta have a great sense of humor to be in this business...thanks for sharing the story.

  • Developer · Garland, TX · Member since 2008 · 8k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    12y

    Only one thing to do....send another letter offering half a million. (Contingencies to follow).

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.