Rental Property Investor · New York, NY · Member since 2020 · 40 posts · 20 votes
Hi everyone! I hope is everyone is doing well. Im new investor trying to land my first duplex OOS. Im looking at a property that looks good in Indianapolis that I found through NEU Real Estate Group. This is all new and overwhelming but I'm trying to take the next step and in NYS properties are more expensive, and I've found that the Indiana market has a lower entry level. I guess my two questions for anyone who has invested in Indianapolis recently, are; is this a good area to invest in? Also, any advice for me in investing in the Indianapolis market? At the same time if you know of a good title company, real estate attorney that you can recommend I would really appreciate it.
Realtor · Indianapolis IN · Member since 2018 · 464 posts · 339 votes
5y
I literally just drove through that neighborhood (decided to go a different way today). I like it and just helped someone buy in there - we close on Friday. My opinion is that the closer to the park/golf course on the west and 16th street on the south, the better. But, there is a lot of renovation going on along Burdsal Pkwy too. I have resources for your other questions too - will PM you.
Realtor · Indianapolis IN · Member since 2018 · 464 posts · 339 votes
5y
I literally just drove through that neighborhood (decided to go a different way today). I like it and just helped someone buy in there - we close on Friday. My opinion is that the closer to the park/golf course on the west and 16th street on the south, the better. But, there is a lot of renovation going on along Burdsal Pkwy too. I have resources for your other questions too - will PM you.
Rental Property Investor · New York, NY · Member since 2020 · 40 posts · 20 votes
5y
That is very helpful @Gloria thank you. This property is in front of the riverside park so I guess that is good. Yes PM me would love to connect. Again thank you for the time in answering me.
Realtor · Indianapolis IN · Member since 2018 · 464 posts · 339 votes
5y
Indy Investor Pod just published an episode on this area. They also are a great resource for Indianapolis. This month they are interviewing local investors and vendors about different neighborhoods - check them out.
Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2019 · 148 posts · 127 votes
5y
@Jaret Lara I have a couple SFRs in Riverside. The houses are generally older in the area and may require some major rehab work or higher than normal maintenance. Appreciation hasn't been as great as other parts of the city over the past couple years in my experience but this is a solid area for rentals.
Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2019 · 148 posts · 127 votes
5y
@Jaret Lara I have property all over the metro area and really wouldn't consider any better or worse than others unless we qualified them with specific criteria. In fact, I'd suggest that Riverside or points west or southwest of there might be a good place to start out if you can find the right deals as the prices have not risen quite as much as they have in other areas.
Rental Property Investor · New York, NY · Member since 2020 · 40 posts · 20 votes
5y
@Ric Ernst once again thank you. I'll look into those areas as well. Would you say these areas are better for buy and hold rentals or more of a fix and flip?