BRRRR/BRRRRnB Orlando-Sarasota-Tampa Networking

BRRRR/BRRRRnB Orlando-Sarasota-Tampa Networking

Germany · Member since 2020 · 46 posts · 21 votes

Hello Everyone,

I am looking to connect with investors, wholesalers, hard-money lenders, realtors and contractors in Florida. I am looking into Orlando, Sarasota and the Tampa areas, but I am open to others as well. I am looking to BRRRR and/or BRRRRnB. I currently live in Columbia, SC, but am originally from Orlando and have lived in the Sarasota/Tampa areas. My goal for 2021 is to acquire 3 rental properties that cash-flow at least $100 with a target ROI of 10-12%. If there are any Facebook groups or meetups, please let me know. I look forward to connecting!

5
Topic locked
41 views

Most Popular Reply

Realtor · Central Florida · Member since 2020 · 8 posts · 6 votes
5y

Hello all,

I’m a Realtor born and raised in Orlando and have great connections with contractors here I’ve worked with. Would love to connect!  


6
Topic locked
See this reply in the discussion

33 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Orlando, FL · Member since 2017 · 34 posts · 8 votes
    5y

    I’m interested as well! I’m currently living in Orlando area and work for a company in Tampa. Been investing in long term rentals here and just got my real estate license! 

    2
    Topic locked
  • Property Manager · Orlando, FL · Member since 2020 · 200 posts · 194 votes
    5y

    Hi @Anthony Catoni and @Rongsu Qi ! We are a property management company specializing in working with investors in Orlando and Central Florida area. I will be happy to connect with both of you and see how we can work together!

    3
    Topic locked
  • Germany · Member since 2020 · 46 posts · 21 votes
    5y

    Hi @Alberto Nikodimov,

    Awesome! I just sent you a message. 

    0
    Topic locked
  • Germany · Member since 2020 · 46 posts · 21 votes
    5y

    @Rongsu Qi

    How long have you been in the Tampa area? Are you with a brokerage yet? With your investments, have you focused on SFH or MFH?

    0
    Topic locked
  • Realtor · Central Florida · Member since 2020 · 8 posts · 6 votes
    5y

    Hello all,

    I’m a Realtor born and raised in Orlando and have great connections with contractors here I’ve worked with. Would love to connect!  


    6
    Topic locked
  • Rental Property Investor · Orlando, FL · Member since 2017 · 34 posts · 8 votes
    5y

    @Anthony Catoni I started my Tampa job almost a year ago, but with COVID I've been working from home since March. I looked into student rentals near USF right before. I worked at St. Petersburg for five months before that and lived in Airbnbs every single week to check out the neighborhoods.. Definitely lots of STRs there. 

    My LTRs are duplexes and single families, although moving more towards single families for the convenience of lower turnover. 

    I've been wanting to do BRRRR but margins are so thin in the area now, especially after the huge appreciation this year. BRRRRnB may still have room, definitely want to look into it.

    I just signed up with eXp Realty through a rockstar agent in the Orlando area. Guess it's time to get a professional looking photo and update my profile!  

    0
    Topic locked
  • Realtor · Falls Church, VA · Member since 2019 · 23 posts · 16 votes
    5y

    @Rongsu Qi I’m looking to get my license in Florida. Any preparation suggestions or advice? Thank you!

    0
    Topic locked
  • Realtor · Falls Church, VA · Member since 2019 · 23 posts · 16 votes
    5y

    @Anthony Catoni I'm currently living in Bogota, Colombia as a US Diplomat but considering moving to the Tampa area after my time here and would like to break into the market before arriving. I honestly don't have much to offer right now but my money and time - so if you need funds or someone to help analyze deals to BRRRR at a faster pace, PM me. Thanks and good luck to you!

    2
    Topic locked
  • Rental Property Investor · Orlando, FL · Member since 2017 · 34 posts · 8 votes
    5y
    Hi Bryant, congrats on making the move!

    Yes! The biggest mistake I made was not applying with DBPR until I finished the course! Do that now if you're committed to get a license. It took over three weeks before they approve my application to take the exam. The other tip is getting your fingerprints at local sheriff's office, much cheaper than other services. 

    It also took me a while to decide on a brokerage as a new and part-time agent. PM me if you want hear my experience on that. 

    Originally posted by @Bryant Naylor:

    @Rongsu Qi I’m looking to get my license in Florida. Any preparation suggestions or advice? Thank you!

    0
    Topic locked
  • Lender · Tampa · Member since 2019 · 7 posts · 3 votes
    5y

    Hello everyone,

    Pleasure meeting everyone through this platform. I am a private lender & licensed realtor in the Tampa area but also do work in the surrounding counties. I would love to connect with you gentleman to see how i can help. Please shoot me a PM and look forward to connecting!

    2
    Topic locked
  • Real Estate Agent · 33706 · Member since 2019 · 12 posts · 7 votes
    5y

    Hi Anthony,

    Our brokerage works with investors who are using the BP strategies to buy investment properties. We help investors locally and out of state find properties in the Tampa/St. Petersburg areas  Would love to connect! I'll PM you.

    2
    Topic locked
  • Property Manager · Member since 2020 · 108 posts · 68 votes
    5y

    Hi Anthony, 

    My company does property management and also partners with investors on deals. I personally partake in wholesaling outside of my normal job. I'd love to connect with you as well !

    0
    Topic locked
  • Member since 2019 · 448 posts · 306 votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Anthony Catoni:

    Hello Everyone,

    I am looking to connect with investors, wholesalers, hard-money lenders, realtors and contractors in Florida. I am looking into Orlando, Sarasota and the Tampa areas, but I am open to others as well. I am looking to BRRRR and/or BRRRRnB. I currently live in Columbia, SC, but am originally from Orlando and have lived in the Sarasota/Tampa areas. My goal for 2021 is to acquire 3 rental properties that cash-flow at least $100 with a target ROI of 10-12%. If there are any Facebook groups or meetups, please let me know. I look forward to connecting!

    Hey Anthony,

    Love the goal setting, but I think you should shoot for a higher Cashflow number as well as ROI. I'm hitting $700-$1,000 a month in cash flow on my newest properties in the Orlando market and that comes out to be about 18% ROI I believe. If you are going to set goals, swing for the fences man and get after it.

    Depending on how you want to invest your money, I can put you in touch with someone in Tampa/St. Pete if you want or could help you personally if you wanted to see my area.

    Happy Housing,

    Matt

    1
    Topic locked
  • Member since 2019 · 448 posts · 306 votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Bryant Naylor:

    @Rongsu Qi I’m looking to get my license in Florida. Any preparation suggestions or advice? Thank you!

     Bryant,

    I became licensed this past year and its been great so far. If you listen to the BP podcast(s) and just read a few books it will get you halfway to pass your test. I completed mine in the beginning of COVID in March/April and I did an online class through training 360. Its a bit boring staring at a Computer screen the whole time but it was worth it in the end. I took about 20 pages of notes in a microsoft word document I can send you if you want. It was my kind of study tool.

    -Matt

    3
    Topic locked
  • GA · Member since 2015 · 67 posts · 17 votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Matt Nico:
    Originally posted by @Anthony Catoni:

    Hello Everyone,

    I am looking to connect with investors, wholesalers, hard-money lenders, realtors and contractors in Florida. I am looking into Orlando, Sarasota and the Tampa areas, but I am open to others as well. I am looking to BRRRR and/or BRRRRnB. I currently live in Columbia, SC, but am originally from Orlando and have lived in the Sarasota/Tampa areas. My goal for 2021 is to acquire 3 rental properties that cash-flow at least $100 with a target ROI of 10-12%. If there are any Facebook groups or meetups, please let me know. I look forward to connecting!

    Hey Anthony,

    Love the goal setting, but I think you should shoot for a higher Cashflow number as well as ROI. I'm hitting $700-$1,000 a month in cash flow on my newest properties in the Orlando market and that comes out to be about 18% ROI I believe. If you are going to set goals, swing for the fences man and get after it.

    Depending on how you want to invest your money, I can put you in touch with someone in Tampa/St. Pete if you want or could help you personally if you wanted to see my area.

    Happy Housing,

    Matt

    Hi Matt,

    Looks like you are hitting it out of the park, those are insane numbers. I looked at a fourplex and only saw $200 Cashflow and 6-7% Cash on Cash. What is your secret?

    thanks,

    Srini

    1
    Topic locked
  • Real Estate Agent · Fort Myers, FL · Member since 2020 · 32 posts · 9 votes
    5y

    @Bryant Naylor love your profile bio 😂

    I’m proud of you for actually writing a comment! What was it for you that convinced you real estate is real for wealth building? I’m 30, and recently read rich dad poor dad (audiobook), and think that’s what it was for me. Having money work for me instead of me for money!

    1
    Topic locked
  • Real Estate Agent · Orlando · Member since 2019 · 20 posts · 23 votes
    5y

    I'm going to be relocating to Orlando in the next 4-6 months. I am a Realtor and investor in Chattanooga, TN currently. I would love to get connected with as many investors and real estate agents in Orlando as possible. My network has helped me so much in my investing here in Chattanooga. I'm hearing from friends and family in Orlando that the meet ups they've gone to so far have been very sales pitchy. I'm looking for a good meet up or networking group I could join. I'd love to connect with you all!

    0
    Topic locked
  • Realtor · Falls Church, VA · Member since 2019 · 23 posts · 16 votes
    5y

    @Matt Oberski thanks lol wasn’t sure what to write so I just started typing to see where I ended up. The wife and I left Africa a few months ago and are now in Bogota, Colombia for three years. Thinking after this assignment we’ll be financially ready to leave the government and get into real estate full time and we’re thinking Florida is where we’d like to settle. RDPD was an amazing book - I’ve bought copies for a lot of friends and family. Everyone should read it! Wish I would have read it when I was 20.

    2
    Topic locked
  • Member since 2019 · 448 posts · 306 votes
    5y

    @Srinivasa Murthy

    There is really no secret sauce to what im doing to be honest. I think i am better at analyzing a market at the micro level than almost anyone. I think knowledge is power.

    If that if you have an amazing product and you treat your tenants nicely and with respect, they repay you back. I customize every home to make it look great, and it pays off.

    0
    Topic locked
  • Member since 2019 · 448 posts · 306 votes
    5y

    @Srinivasa Murthy

    Btw, that 4-plex you saw might not be the best deal now, but i bet 5-10 years from now it will be a homerun.

    0
    Topic locked
  • Investor · NJ · Member since 2020 · 11 posts · 4 votes
    5y

    Hi Anthony,  

    I'm a mortgage broker based in the Sarasota area with access to a several hard money lenders.  Please PM if you would like to connect!

    0
    Topic locked
  • Realtor · Central Florida · Member since 2020 · 8 posts · 6 votes
    5y

    @Rebecca Readus

    Hey Rebecca!

    I’m a Realtor in Orlando. Would love to connect and help you out!

    0
    Topic locked
  • Rental Property Investor · Orlando, FL · Member since 2019 · 13 posts · 12 votes
    5y

    @Matt Nico Are you renting by the room or doing Airbnb for those numbers ($700-1000 per property)?

    0
    Topic locked
  • Rental Property Investor · Orlando, FL · Member since 2019 · 13 posts · 12 votes
    5y

    @Anthony Catoni How’s the market where you are for SF investing? I’ll actually be in the Columbia, SC area at the end of January. I plan to also look at some properties while I’m there. Any advice on good areas for SF and MF? I can DM you for criteria and other questions.

    I live in Orlando and can connect you to a couple of lenders (traditional and hard money) I have used. I also have an agent referrals or you. Let me know if interested and I will DM you.

    Thanks!

    2
    Topic locked
  • Member since 2019 · 448 posts · 306 votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Matt Hall:

    @Matt Nico Are you renting by the room or doing Airbnb for those numbers ($700-1000 per property)?

    I am mostly renting by the room, but some houses I rent out the whole house and make slightly less. They generate the same amount as an airbnb at full occupancy but without the cleaning and maintenance every few days.

    0
    Topic locked