The Best Cities To Own Rental Property In Florida

The Best Cities To Own Rental Property In Florida

Rental Property Investor · Orlando, FL · Member since 2018 · 545 posts · 386 votes

See the latest article from Forbes on the best cities to own rental properties in FL. No surprise the cities that made the list (Tampa, Jacksonville, Orlando), interesting read nonetheless for the data and insight to back what we already know. 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/andrewdepietro/2018/0...

3Reply
19 views

Most Popular Reply

Coconut Creek, FL · Member since 2016 · 26 posts · 4 votes
8y

Thank you for sharing David  Given on  how expensive Tampa deals are,  We started looking for multifamily deals in Lakeland, but inventory is very low and competition remains high. 

See this reply in the discussion

13 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Coconut Creek, FL · Member since 2016 · 26 posts · 4 votes
    8y

    Thank you for sharing David  Given on  how expensive Tampa deals are,  We started looking for multifamily deals in Lakeland, but inventory is very low and competition remains high. 

  • Specialist · Tampa, FL · Member since 2018 · 96 posts · 40 votes
    8y

    Solid article @David Baier! I also think there are good deals to be found out in Lakeland as well @Maria T.

  • Multifamily investor · Boston, MA · Member since 2017 · 281 posts · 521 votes
    8y

    I'm investing in Tampa, Orlando (and DFW) and found more value in those MSA but outside of the center. Lakeland is definitely one of those areas. Thank you for sharing the article!

  • Specialist · Dallas, TX · Member since 2010 · 511 posts · 252 votes
    8y

    @David Baier, Here is another article from Forbes... that list few FL cities as top market to invest...

    @Ellie Perlman, How you are investing in FL & TX market remotely..?

  • Rental Property Investor · Plant City, FL · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 379 votes
    8y

    I’ve loved the Lakeland auburndale markets for a long time now. We are continuing to look for properties & buy them but as a few have mentioned it’s become much harder to find the great deals. Rent demand is extremely high!  

  • Investor · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2017 · 791 posts · 479 votes
    8y

    @David Baier thanks!

  • Rental Property Investor · Arlington, VA · Member since 2019 · 8 posts · 2 votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Adrian Smude:

    I’ve loved the Lakeland auburndale markets for a long time now. We are continuing to look for properties & buy them but as a few have mentioned it’s become much harder to find the great deals. Rent demand is extremely high!  

     Lakeland does seem to be pretty desireable these days.  Zillow seems to think that at least some of the zip codes will increase by alot next  year, if you can rely on their predictions. What kind of return are you getting on rentals? 

  • Rental Property Investor · Plant City, FL · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 379 votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Account Closed:
    Originally posted by @Adrian Smude:

    I’ve loved the Lakeland auburndale markets for a long time now. We are continuing to look for properties & buy them but as a few have mentioned it’s become much harder to find the great deals. Rent demand is extremely high!  

     Lakeland does seem to be pretty desireable these days.  Zillow seems to think that at least some of the zip codes will increase by alot next  year, if you can rely on their predictions. What kind of return are you getting on rentals? 

    Lakeland is getting a lot of national spotlight for being a great rental market.  (I wish it wouldn't because that just drives prices up).  We have rentals with all different returns, but I'll say we've been selling anything that makes a single digit return.  

  • Rental Property Investor · Tampa FL 33610 · Member since 2011 · 254 posts · 56 votes
    7y

    @Ellie Perlman can you tell me how many units for your MF investments?

    @Adrian Smude are you interested in Clearwater Dunedin Safety Harbor and what are your thoughts? 

  • Rental Property Investor · Central, FL · Member since 2016 · 950 posts · 821 votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Adrian Smude:
    Originally posted by @Account Closed:
    Originally posted by @Adrian Smude:

    I’ve loved the Lakeland auburndale markets for a long time now. We are continuing to look for properties & buy them but as a few have mentioned it’s become much harder to find the great deals. Rent demand is extremely high!  

     Lakeland does seem to be pretty desireable these days.  Zillow seems to think that at least some of the zip codes will increase by alot next  year, if you can rely on their predictions. What kind of return are you getting on rentals? 

    Lakeland is getting a lot of national spotlight for being a great rental market.  (I wish it wouldn't because that just drives prices up).  We have rentals with all different returns, but I'll say we've been selling anything that makes a single digit return.  

    I was going to buy in Lakeland and looked at numerous properties, however, in my opinion if the city is making the national news as a great investment, rental, place to live, or anything else then the gravy train has already left the station, hence why I haven’t found a deal there that isn’t in a D class area that makes money to the level I am looking for. 

  • Share RossBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Boynton Beach, FL · Member since 2017 · 250 posts · 135 votes
    7y

    As an agent in Palm Beach County, I have a few investors looking at some hot and very affordable (sometimes already rented for a year) condos in Boynton Beach with lower HOA fees. It always comes down to doing the due diligence and working with someone... either an agent or very trusted friend to check out the neighborhood and communities. And yes, it's tricky to find the right places that are not in a D neighborhood!

    There's always deals if you know where and how to look. ;-) 

  • Rental Property Investor · Boynton Beach, FL · Member since 2014 · 273 posts · 197 votes
    7y

    @Share Ross hope all is well my friend. Low HOAs in Boynton, that really is a gem! I'm about to list one of my higher HOA properties, 3/2 townhome in boynton if you have any retail buyers looking.

    Come visit us at another meetup!

  • Share RossBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Boynton Beach, FL · Member since 2017 · 250 posts · 135 votes
    7y

    Hey @Mitchell Jaworski ! Let me know about your townhome... I always have investor clients. I also have buyers who might be interested. (Send me a PM or email!) 

    Re: meetups... man... every single one I've been out of town. It's UNREAL! 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.