Real Estate Investor · Redondo Beach, CA · Member since 2017 · 4 posts · 3 votes
I am currently looking at the Daytona Beach area for buy-and-hold SFH and small multifamily properties. Interested in hearing PROS and CONS of the market and connect with anyone who knows the market.
Can anyone can recommend good Property Management, Brokers/Agents, and local lenders?
New Smyrna Beach, FL · Member since 2013 · 70 posts · 30 votes
8y
Wow. Some of the responses to investing in Volusia are crazy! I could be wrong but the people commenting don’t seem like they even have investment properties here, but have a person feeling about it because they lived here at onetime. The other counties mention above have there same issues too, but as whole you can find great and safe investsments anywhere if you do your own due diligence. Daytona was rencemtly marked as the 3rd hottest market to invest in 2018. We have 15 rentals here and non of them have zombies or meth heads. Lol. We also wholesale a bunch here and I can give you testimonials of buyers who are very happy that they have investments in Daytona and the surrounding areas.
Property Manager · Orlando, FL · Member since 2014 · 31 posts · 16 votes
7y
I'm a commercial guy, so can't add much of value to the SFR guys. We bought Ocean Walk Shoppes out of bankruptcy cash, no lender wanted to to play here cost efficiently, about three years ago. We put in almost $9ml of our own money into the deal to lock it down. I'm currently at 16.5% cash on cash with zero leverage. We're very happy with the cash flow and the dominant position based on replacement value.
Investor · Longwood, FL · Member since 2017 · 108 posts · 78 votes
7y
I have been accumulating properties in Volusia and it's just a great rental market right now. I'm currently looking to roll out of a duplex I bought in Holly Hill (BRRRR but looking to sell) and continue picking up the 6-12 unit properties that are pretty common in Volusia.
I have airbnb in Port Orange really nice area. Close enough to the beach and plenty to do here. Check out my rental on airbnb RV in resort like setting.
I am currently looking at the Daytona Beach area for buy-and-hold SFH and small multifamily properties. Interested in hearing PROS and CONS of the market and connect with anyone who knows the market.
Can anyone can recommend good Property Management, Brokers/Agents, and local lenders?
Hey Joseph, (407) 476-5944. I'd be happy to help you in regards of that if you're still investing in central florida