Recommendations for Investing in the Tampa Area

Recommendations for Investing in the Tampa Area

Chicago, IL · Member since 2017 · 32 posts · 9 votes

Hi there!

I'm an Illinois resident looking to do some out-of-state buy-and-hold investing, and the Tampa metro area looks pretty interesting to me. My strategy (at this point) is to look at areas within an hour of downtown and see if I can find something that looks appealing. I'm looking at places < $250k. Any recommendations of where to look and/or people of interest (property managers, real estate agents, other investors, etc.) that I should consider? 

Thanks so much!

Michael

0Reply
22 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Agent · Saint Petersburg, FL · Member since 2017 · 37 posts · 26 votes
9y

@Michael Rosenson 

Are you considering turn-key rentals that already have tenants in place, or would you be looking for distressed properties potentially with or without tenants? I have a large network of real estate professionals and can turn you in the right direction for anything you need. On my end, I can produce off-market rentals with or without tenants. Some may be distressed, while others may be turn-key. Unlike many wholesalers in the area, I will back up my numbers with concrete evidence proving returns. 

If you would like to connect feel free PM me. I will share my network with you as well as my contact information. 

Thanks. 

See this reply in the discussion

8 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Saint Peterburg, FL · Member since 2015 · 95 posts · 27 votes
    9y
    The Saint Petersburg area is a great area to invest in. Truly any of the surrounding areas can work if you know what you are looking for. Tampa, Clearwater, St. Pete all have particular areas that investors are buying in. If you have any questions, feel free to reach out
  • Real Estate Agent · Saint Petersburg, FL · Member since 2017 · 37 posts · 26 votes
    9y

    @Michael Rosenson 

    Are you considering turn-key rentals that already have tenants in place, or would you be looking for distressed properties potentially with or without tenants? I have a large network of real estate professionals and can turn you in the right direction for anything you need. On my end, I can produce off-market rentals with or without tenants. Some may be distressed, while others may be turn-key. Unlike many wholesalers in the area, I will back up my numbers with concrete evidence proving returns. 

    If you would like to connect feel free PM me. I will share my network with you as well as my contact information. 

    Thanks. 

  • Wholesaler · Saint Petersburg, FL · Member since 2014 · 7 posts · 1 vote
    9y

    Hello.  We are a small brokerage that has been investing, managing and fixing houses in the tampa bay area since 2006.  We are more focused right now on growing our management portfolio and general contracting/construction side of the business.  Once properties are sourced, we'd be happy to step in for all repairs, maintenance, construction, and management.  We work with lots of folks in the business here in all capacities.  I'm happy to help or provide more info.  

    Good luck!

  • Investor · Tampa, FL · Member since 2016 · 334 posts · 215 votes
    9y
    Michael Rosenson We were in your shoes a year ago. We found the best agent and know most of the area very well. Send me a PM if you want to talk, share info.
  • Developer · Tampa, FL · Member since 2016 · 118 posts · 61 votes
    9y
    Eric Delcol hi Eric I'm and active investor/developer in Tampa. I'd like to run something by you can you shoot me a PM. Thank you.
  • Member since 2019 · 1 post · 0 votes
    7y

    Members , 

    I’d also like some info. 

    Thank you.

    M.

  • Lender · Lindenhurst, NY · Member since 2018 · 42 posts · 11 votes
    7y

    Hey guys!

    First time RE investor looking to invest out of state. Currently in NJ, would love some guidance on what areas are hot in Florida right now for Buy and Hold or if i can work with an agent.

  • Real Estate Investor · Tampa, FL · Member since 2015 · 4 posts · 0 votes
    7y

    For properties under 250 check out Carrollwood, Brandon or Lutz. I have 2 homes in Carrollwood I posted for rent recently and had over 150 inquires. Big demand here for rentals. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.