Buy and Hold Opportunities in Central FL (Polk County)

Buy and Hold Opportunities in Central FL (Polk County)

Fort Lauderdale, FL · Member since 2014 · 26 posts · 13 votes

Good morning BP,

I live in Ft Lauderdale, but I'm planning on buying a couple SFR or small multifamily properties to rent in Polk county this year. I'm driving over next weekend to see some properties, get a better feel for the area, and network. If anyone knows an experienced, investor-friendly agent in the area, please let me know!

Any advice about the local market is welcome :)

Thanks,

Rob Z

Plant City, Lakeland, Winter Haven, Lake Wales, Haines City, Polk City, Poinciana, Sebring, Kissimmee

1Reply
20 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · Plant City, FL · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 379 votes
10y

@Robert Zavertnik I live in Plant City and invest in Polk County (Lakeland). I'd love to meet up.  

See this reply in the discussion

8 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Plant City, FL · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 379 votes
    10y

    @Robert Zavertnik I live in Plant City and invest in Polk County (Lakeland). I'd love to meet up.  

  • Investor · Jacksonville, FL · Member since 2012 · 68 posts · 7 votes
    10y

    Hi, just curious what made you not want to keep your money in Fort Lauderdale? 

  • Investor · Asheville, NC · Member since 2011 · 833 posts · 499 votes
    10y

    Hey @Robert Zavertnik, glad you're coming up to visit!

    @Adrian Smude is a good guy and knows that area well.

    This goes for any area, but be sure you're looking at quality in those areas.  There are some great deals to be found, but there are also some real lemons.  I'm helping some investors navigate their way out of some really bad investments in Polk County.  They looked good on paper, but have been a real headache to manage.

    I'm an active agent/investor in the Orlando are, so reach anytime.

  • Fort Lauderdale, FL · Member since 2014 · 26 posts · 13 votes
    10y

    @Adrian Smude thanks, PM Sent

    @Ron J. Cash flow and rates of return are generally lower in Ft Lauderdale. I think FTL has a lot of opportunity for long term appreciation or flips, but that's not my focus now. Also median home prices are considerably higher in FTL, so more cash is needed up front.

  • Landlord and Appraiser · Bartow, FL · Member since 2011 · 47 posts · 28 votes
    10y

    I have 16 rentals tied up in two blanket mortgages. I'm going through a divorce and would entertain offers for a 50% equity stake to buy out the ex-wife's half. Income is about $15,000 gross, net of about $5,000. Loan 1 is $472,000 Loan 2 is $309,000. Both loans dated this year year at full75% LTV. So, you would only need half of the equity to have cash flow from day one. lmk

  • Landlord and Appraiser · Bartow, FL · Member since 2011 · 47 posts · 28 votes
    10y

    Sorry, all the properties are in Polk County under Phokia LLC and Stavri LLC

  • Queens, NY · Member since 2015 · 35 posts · 6 votes
    10y
    I'm also looking to start in Lakeland/Polk County. Adrian Smude and Andrew Davis I would love to connect
  • Rental Property Investor · Plant City, FL · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 379 votes
    10y
    Scott B. Send me a message and lets connect. I would but the BP app won't let me connect??? Maybe Brandon Turner knows someone to get this fixed? 😃
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.