Advice on selling farmland with a ranch house?

Advice on selling farmland with a ranch house?

Member since 2021 · 4 posts · 5 votes
So I might have made my first contract.

Problem is, the house is situated on 18+ acres so even if I can negotiate a fair price for it, I'd have to tie my own money into it for earnest and look for a buyer. Thing is, I'm not sure where I'd find a buyer for almost 18+ acres of land. Would I start with out of state farmers? I did some research on the quality of the land, etc, but I feel like I am going to have a tough time even finding a buyer as this seems like such a specific market.
1Reply
12 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · CT · Member since 2015 · 400 posts · 432 votes
5y

I just did this for our property in Tolland. This is a very attractive deal to the right buyer, just remember there is a buyer for every property. You just have less of them in Moodus. Do you have time for a call this weekend? I can help put you in the right direction 

See this reply in the discussion

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Michael KusyBusiness Member
    Real Estate Broker · CT and MA · Member since 2021 · 26 posts · 16 votes
    5y

    Where is it located? 

  • Member since 2021 · 4 posts · 5 votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Michael Kusy:

    Where is it located? 

    Out in Moodus. Even more reason why I feel this would be hard to find an exit strategy.

  • Rental Property Investor · CT · Member since 2015 · 400 posts · 432 votes
    5y

    I just did this for our property in Tolland. This is a very attractive deal to the right buyer, just remember there is a buyer for every property. You just have less of them in Moodus. Do you have time for a call this weekend? I can help put you in the right direction 

  • Investor · New Hartford, CT · Member since 2016 · 282 posts · 104 votes
    5y

    I like Moodus but it is super far from my job. In a few years we probably could of put something together. There is an *** for every seat though. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.