Rental Property Investor · CT - RI · Member since 2016 · 13 posts · 4 votes
I am wondeirng if anyone has some great places they reccomend to buy big ticket items such as kitchen cabinets, flooring, paint, vanitys, etc. for a great price when remodeling a house in Connecticut?
Enfield, CT · Member since 2017 · 73 posts · 26 votes
9y
Just shop around. A lot of the times Home Depot has some good prices. But the mom and pop store around the corner might have something just what you are looking for. A lot of people love the look of the antique vanity. Instead of buying a faux one, look for a piece of furniture you can make into one.
Think out of the box. It never hurts to call and check prices and availability over the phone before you get in your vehicle and waste gas.
Enfield, CT · Member since 2017 · 73 posts · 26 votes
9y
Just shop around. A lot of the times Home Depot has some good prices. But the mom and pop store around the corner might have something just what you are looking for. A lot of people love the look of the antique vanity. Instead of buying a faux one, look for a piece of furniture you can make into one.
Think out of the box. It never hurts to call and check prices and availability over the phone before you get in your vehicle and waste gas.
Investor · New Hartford, CT · Member since 2016 · 282 posts · 104 votes
9y
I do not really use it in my investing (as that part has not started yet). However I do a ton of projects around the house myself. I am at Home Depot almost every weekend getting truck loads of stuff. I recently found out about PRO Xtra - which you can sign up for as a DIYer. It allows you to use bidroom which compares prices on jobs (orders) over 1500 and if it finds a lower price it will match it. I have yet to use but on some bigger projects it can save you a bundle. They also run specials for members - I think this month it is 20% all paints and stains.
It is easy to sign up and free - all you have to do is enter your phone number and give the cashier a job name and it will pull everything up for you. It also keeps track of 2 years of receipts which can be handy.