Rehabber · Nashville, TN · Member since 2013 · 16 posts · 5 votes
I have actually been a part of BP for many months but have yet to give an introduction!
I am a buy and hold investor and have I've been in REI since 2012 and so far have an owner/occupant 4 plex in Bowling Green, KY (hometown) on a VA loan, and am almost finished rehabbing a SFR in Old Hickory, TN.
I've read many investment books and most recently a few of the REI book recommendations from the podcast (I listen to it weekly!) Looking to network with fellow Nashville investors/RE folks!
Franklin, TN · Member since 2013 · 39 posts · 15 votes
13y
Welcome! Please let me know about the Old Hickory deal! I have seen enough projects that look like a deal on paper there, but have passed because I don't know the area. I need to get up there and study it! Seems like much is happening.
Rehabber · Nashville, TN · Member since 2013 · 16 posts · 5 votes
13y
Hi Tony! So far so good. The neighbors are super friendly and it's a generally quiet area. I looked at probably 6 or 7 other houses here in Old Hickory Village before purchasing. A fair amount of foreclosures here. Most of the properties in the immediate area are old company builds by Dupont back in the 30's. 2/1's and 3/1's. I am a buy and hold - cash flow investor so I will be renting this one out. Rehab should be complete within a week or two and hopefully ill have tenants in by the end of next month. Ill post pictures and a deal breakdown once it's complete.
I looked at East Nashville initially but it's been full on bubble-town since 09-10. Too rich and competitive for my blood there. Old Hickory is a nice area that is surrounded by Old Hickory Lake-Madison-Hermitage-Hendersonville-Gallatin, which are all great area's and within commuting distance to downtown.
Investor · Nashville, TN · Member since 2009 · 483 posts · 228 votes
13y
Welcome Mathew, I have been hearing some good things about Old Hickory. I agree East Nashville is in Full Bubble mode right now and people are snatching up anything they can get their hands on.
Investor · Wichita Falls, TX · Member since 2010 · 3k+ posts · 603 votes
13y
Hey @Matthew Robertson, thanks for taking the time to introduce yourself!
It's great to hear that you're making things happen. I started renting out my spare rooms in my home, a tad similar to your 4plex situation. Hope to hear about your future deals to come.
See you around the site! Maybe you can post some before and after pictures of the rehab, that would be sweet!
Rehabber · Nashville, TN · Member since 2013 · 16 posts · 5 votes
13y
@Mehran K. Yeah, and actually I have a roommate in my unit that pays me rent also, so i'm only a couple hundred bucks shy of what I would see with all 4 rented! Thanks for the shout out, I remember hearing your name mentioned in the podcast.