Newbie from Dallas - Fort Worth, TX (Go Cowboys)

Newbie from Dallas - Fort Worth, TX (Go Cowboys)

Investor · Frisco, TX · Member since 2009 · 11 posts · 0 votes

Hello. My name is Lyndon Hughey. I live in Keller, TX. I joined the site a couple of years ago but simply lurked a few days before fading away. Today is the day that I get serious about networking and investing.

I'm currently studying about various acquisition and exit strategies. I think I have a good basis, but don't quite have the knowledge to execute deals step by step. I will be asking some pointed questions over the next couple of weeks to bridge that comfort gap.

If you're an investor or lender in the DFW area, I'd love to chat with you about partnering. I expect be making some offers in the few weeks and would like to have those ducks in a row beforehand.

I'm looking forward to gaining lots of knowledge and friendships. Oh, and Go Cowboys!

0Reply
9 views

16 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Dallas, TX · Member since 2012 · 158 posts · 99 votes
    13y

    Welcome aboard! I'm very happy you're starting to take investing seriously. We've got a great market here and PLENTY of strategies to boot. You'll find some great people and resources right here on this forum as well.

    And cheers to having already witnessed the last weekend (excluding bye) of cowboy-less football!

  • Investor · Frisco, TX · Member since 2009 · 11 posts · 0 votes
    13y

    Thanks, Grant. You are correct. This market is incredible (particularly for sellers). I wish I hadn't waited until now to start. I've got some time to make up!

    I'm expecting big things from the 'Boys this year. Sundays are about to get good starting this weekend.

  • Ned CareyPro Member
    Moderator
    Investor · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2008 · 17k+ posts · 13k+ votes
    13y

    Lyndon Hughey welcome back to BP

    If you havn't found it yet Check out the Free Beginners Guide

    I recommend you set up keyword alerts so when anyone mentions your keywords you get notified.
    My suggestion is use your area, like "Maryland" as a keyword. I also use my name "Ned".
    Keyword alert system tutorial Good luck - Ned

  • SFR Investor · Jacksonville, FL · Member since 2012 · 285 posts · 83 votes
    13y

    Welcome Lyndon Hughey! Ask all the questions you want, there are some very sharp investors here who would be delighted to help in any way possible. Along the way, listen to the podcasts, they are great and maybe buy a book or two. In this business you grow or die, so feed your brain!

    #JackBobeck

  • Rehabber · Keller, TX · Member since 2013 · 137 posts · 20 votes
    13y

    Welcome Lyndon! I am also in the Keller area. Feel free to reach out directly with any and all questions! One of the best features of BP is the opportunity to network with folks in your local area. We just had a HUGE mixer in Las Colinas last week. Really good stuff!

  • Investor · Frisco, TX · Member since 2009 · 11 posts · 0 votes
    13y
    Originally posted by Ned Carey:
    Lyndon Hughey welcome back to BP

    If you havn't found it yet Check out the Free Beginners Guide

    I recommend you set up keyword alerts so when anyone mentions your keywords you get notified.
    My suggestion is use your area, like "Maryland" as a keyword. I also use my name "Ned".
    Keyword alert system tutorial Good luck - Ned

    Thanks for the tips, Ned. I'll be reading the beginners guide today and setting up an alert for my name. I wouldn't have thought of that.

  • Investor · Frisco, TX · Member since 2009 · 11 posts · 0 votes
    13y
    Originally posted by Jack Bobeck:
    Welcome Lyndon Hughey! Ask all the questions you want, there are some very sharp investors here who would be delighted to help in any way possible. Along the way, listen to the podcasts, they are great and maybe buy a book or two. In this business you grow or die, so feed your brain!

    #JackBobeck

    Thanks for the warm welcome @JackBobeck. I'm enjoying the education process and expect to purchase a few books. Its only fair that I help BP.

    I've been listening to the podcasts. Josh and Brandon do a great job of entertaining while providing insightful topics. Even topics that I thought I had no interest in are proving to hold valuable information.

  • Investor · Frisco, TX · Member since 2009 · 11 posts · 0 votes
    13y

    Thanks for the offer and friend request Dan Shoemaker. I will take you up on the offer to pick your brain. Just remember, you offered :)
    I hate I missed the mixer last week. Was it a local BP event?

  • Rehabber · Keller, TX · Member since 2013 · 137 posts · 20 votes
    13y

    Any time, my friend ;-) Helping others is how I "pay it forward" from others who have helped me!

    Yes, it was in Las Colinas. Good times!

    We need to have one monthly... What say you, Alexander Bustos???

  • Real Estate Broker · Naples, FL · Member since 2013 · 9k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    13y

    Lyndon Hughey --howdy. I am originally from Beaumont and will always call Texas home. Be sure and see if you have a local REIA association you can join in your area. Our local REIA is a great source of information on our local markets. In close, I must tell you that I don't want to be considered a traitor, but you do realize the one word you hear at DFW that you never hear at a Cowboy game? TOUCHDOWN:)

  • Irving, TX · Member since 2013 · 125 posts · 7 votes
    13y

    Dan, I'm working on that currently! Lol Lyndon! Welcome to the family!

  • Investor · Frisco, TX · Member since 2009 · 11 posts · 0 votes
    13y

    John Thedford -- Watch it Floridian! You don't want me to get on the 'Phins, Jags or Bucs :) The boys are gonna be something nice this year. Yeah, I said it, "just wait till this year"...

    I've located a local REIA, and attended a meeting this past weekend. I'm really impressed at how helpful people were . The same thing goes for people here at BP. Dan Shoemaker said it best. A lot of people are "paying it forward". I'll be doing the same.

    Alexander Bustos, I'd love to attend the next mixer. I just happen to be a master at the art of mixing (especially when there are shakers and vodka). I'll keep my eye open for an announcement.

  • Irving, TX · Member since 2013 · 125 posts · 7 votes
    13y

    Lyndon Hughey Sounds good! I Should have the new forum post about the mixer showing up by tuesday I am hoping.

  • Brandon TurnerPro Member
    Investor · Maui, HI · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    13y
    Originally posted by Lyndon Hughey:

    I've been listening to the podcasts. Josh and Brandon do a great job of entertaining while providing insightful topics. Even topics that I thought I had no interest in are proving to hold valuable information.

    Thanks @Lyndon Hughey ! :) Welcome to the site!

  • Irving, TX · Member since 2013 · 125 posts · 7 votes
    13y

    http://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/86/topics/96486-dfw-scheduled-meetup

    here ya go Lyndon Hughey

  • Investor · Frisco, TX · Member since 2009 · 11 posts · 0 votes
    13y

    NP, Brandon Turner. My wife and I now listen to the BP podcasts instead of music whenever we have a decent drive in head of us. Keep up the good work.

    Thanks Alexander Bustos for the personal notification. I'm there!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.