Las Vegas/SoCal newbie seeking investing help!

Las Vegas/SoCal newbie seeking investing help!

New to Real Estate · Irvine, CA · Member since 2021 · 21 posts · 49 votes

Hey everyone. My name is Tre, and I’m a 24 year-old film producer/editor currently living in Las Vegas, but relocating to Irvine, CA in July. I work a 9-5 corporate job, and for the past 1-2 years I’ve been thinking about real estate investing non-stop because simply put, my job isn’t enough for me. As of now I’m mostly interested in out-of-state residential properties simply because of how expensive CA is.

I’ve been watching youtube videos, listening to podcasts, and reading as much as I can which is how I came across Bigger Pockets. As much content as I’ve watched and read, I’m not fully confident to start my journey and that’s why I’m here, to gain more knowledge, and if given the opportunity gain experience helping anyone with their own projects!

If you’re a local investor, I will drive you to your meetings or properties, get your lunch, or do whatever I need to so that I can continue to grow and learn. If you’re not local, send me a message or email, reply here, or let’s jump on a phone call. Any help, guidance, or mentorship is heavily appreciated. So, if you feel like helping me on my journey, or maybe want to give a new investor some advice, please feel free to reach out.

Thank you all!

0Reply
15 views

Most Popular Reply

Solo 401k Expert · Anaheim Hills, CA · Member since 2012 · 18k+ posts · 6k+ votes
5y
Originally posted by @Tre Irvin:

Hey everyone. My name is Tre, and I’m a 24 year-old film producer/editor currently living in Las Vegas, but relocating to Irvine, CA in July. I work a 9-5 corporate job, and for the past 1-2 years I’ve been thinking about real estate investing non-stop because simply put, my job isn’t enough for me. As of now I’m mostly interested in out-of-state residential properties simply because of how expensive CA is.

I’ve been watching youtube videos, listening to podcasts, and reading as much as I can which is how I came across Bigger Pockets. As much content as I’ve watched and read, I’m not fully confident to start my journey and that’s why I’m here, to gain more knowledge, and if given the opportunity gain experience helping anyone with their own projects!

If you’re a local investor, I will drive you to your meetings or properties, get your lunch, or do whatever I need to so that I can continue to grow and learn. If you’re not local, send me a message or email, reply here, or let’s jump on a phone call. Any help, guidance, or mentorship is heavily appreciated. So, if you feel like helping me on my journey, or maybe want to give a new investor some advice, please feel free to reach out.

Thank you all!

You are in a good company Tre!

See this reply in the discussion

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Solo 401k Expert · Anaheim Hills, CA · Member since 2012 · 18k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Tre Irvin:

    Hey everyone. My name is Tre, and I’m a 24 year-old film producer/editor currently living in Las Vegas, but relocating to Irvine, CA in July. I work a 9-5 corporate job, and for the past 1-2 years I’ve been thinking about real estate investing non-stop because simply put, my job isn’t enough for me. As of now I’m mostly interested in out-of-state residential properties simply because of how expensive CA is.

    I’ve been watching youtube videos, listening to podcasts, and reading as much as I can which is how I came across Bigger Pockets. As much content as I’ve watched and read, I’m not fully confident to start my journey and that’s why I’m here, to gain more knowledge, and if given the opportunity gain experience helping anyone with their own projects!

    If you’re a local investor, I will drive you to your meetings or properties, get your lunch, or do whatever I need to so that I can continue to grow and learn. If you’re not local, send me a message or email, reply here, or let’s jump on a phone call. Any help, guidance, or mentorship is heavily appreciated. So, if you feel like helping me on my journey, or maybe want to give a new investor some advice, please feel free to reach out.

    Thank you all!

    You are in a good company Tre!

  • Joe HomsBusiness Member
    Flipper · Mission Viejo, CA · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    5y

    @Tre Irvin I personally love lunch...

    Good Investing...

  • Member since 2020 · 32 posts · 18 votes
    5y

    Hey Tre, welcome! and congrats for getting in early!

    BiggerPockets is a great place to learn because of all the like minded inviduals. It is good that you are highly motivated because you will need that drive to keep going. Once you get your first property it will be hard to look back. 

    Do you want to be more hands on or hands off? If you want to be more hands off, take a look into turnkeys. I started off with my first turnkey this year and it led me to other things. 

    Feel free to ask any questions

  • New to Real Estate · Irvine, CA · Member since 2021 · 21 posts · 49 votes
    5y

    @Dmitriy Fomichenko 

    Thanks Dmitriy! Glad to be here and get started.

  • New to Real Estate · Irvine, CA · Member since 2021 · 21 posts · 49 votes
    5y

    @Joe Homs nobody can turn down free food haha

  • New to Real Estate · Irvine, CA · Member since 2021 · 21 posts · 49 votes
    5y

    @Joseph Vu Thanks Joseph, at first I wouldn't mind being more hands off as I build my cash flow. I'll go ahead and take a look at turnkey properties. Also, I'll send you a connect invite, so I can reach out with any questions. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.