Complete newbie looking to invest in Charlotte, NC

Complete newbie looking to invest in Charlotte, NC

Investor · Fort Worth, TX · Member since 2021 · 3 posts · 1 vote

Hi there, 

I am Helen Kasten and am just getting started with learning about real estate investing. My goal is to achieve financial freedom so that I can spend more time with my family, friends and hobbies as well saving endangered animals. I hope that BiggerPockets will help me on this path. The books are definitely an amazing first step, super inspiring and the reason why I joined the forum. 

Since I am still new to the game, I don't have a clearly defined strategy to real estate investing yet. My thoughts are to focus on rental property and single-family homes but I yet have to learn about the benefits and disadvantages/ limitations of multiplex investing (lower down-payment, living in the complex, etc.). 

Looking forward to connecting with all of you!

1Reply
16 views

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Broker · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2020 · 114 posts · 64 votes
    5y

    Welcome Helen! Excited for you and your journey!

  • Solo 401k Expert · Anaheim Hills, CA · Member since 2012 · 18k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    5y

    @Helen Kasten

    Welcome to the BP family, you came to the right place to learn all about real estate investing!

    Find and connect with other BP members that are in your area: https://www.biggerpockets.com/search/users

    I hope BP helps you achieve your goals!

  • Investor · Fort Worth, TX · Member since 2021 · 3 posts · 1 vote
    5y

    @Dmitriy Fomichenko thank you!

  • Andrew SyriosPro Member
    Moderator
    Residential Real Estate Investor · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2014 · 10k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    5y

    Welcome aboard Helen!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.