Excited to be here! Newbie from Los Angeles, CA

Excited to be here! Newbie from Los Angeles, CA

Member since 2021 · 4 posts · 2 votes

Hey all!

My name is Ray and I'm just getting started in the REI world. My interest started back in November 2020, mainly just as a vague idea that I wanted to diversify my money into an investment other than the stock market. I found the BP podcast, started reading some of the books and wow, did that idea change fast! I realized how much potential REI has to achieve financial freedom and I'm eager to get started. I've been spending most of my time so far just trying to get educated on my own, but I'm at the point where I'd really love to start talking with other investors about their experiences, what they've found to work, and any recommended resources (in Los Angeles or otherwise).

A little about me: Originally from Santa Barbara, CA, I came to Los Angeles to attend UCLA, graduating 2016. I'm now a software engineer working in the video game industry (I make Call of Duty), still based out of Los Angeles, CA. As I've mentioned I have no experience yet with real estate, but have been investing in the stock market for about 3 years now. I'm a big fan of live music, martial arts, hiking, and (surprise) video games.

2Reply
15 views

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2018 · 88 posts · 22 votes
    5y

    Welcome Ray! Always happy to talk with new investors, send me a message if you want to chat!

  • Member since 2021 · 4 posts · 2 votes
    5y

    Hi Joe! Thanks for the reply, I'll message you :-)

  • Julio GonzalezPro Member
    Specialist · West Palm Beach, FL · Member since 2008 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    5y

    You are in the right place, Ray! Welcome to BiggerPocket! 

  • Member since 2021 · 4 posts · 2 votes
    5y

    Hey Julio, thank you I appreciate the welcome!

  • Solo 401k Expert · Anaheim Hills, CA · Member since 2012 · 18k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    5y

    @Ray Cothern

    Welcome to the BP family! This is a great place to learn and to meet people so take advantage of all the great resources.

    Read Beginner’s Guide to help you get started: http://www.biggerpockets.com/real-estate-investing

    I hope BP helps you achieve your goals!

  • Member since 2021 · 4 posts · 2 votes
    5y

    Thanks for the welcome Dmitriy, and for the resource! I'll be sure to give it a read

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.