Attorney · Tampa, FL · Member since 2013 · 20 posts · 11 votes
Thank goodness there's no way to throw rotten fruit at me via the Internet! I'm new to BiggerPockets, but have been assisting real estate investors for more than 15 years. Although I did invest in real estate at one point, I am not actively investing because: (1) just started up my new firm; and (2) I do not want to be perceived as competition for deals.
Please let me know how I can help - I cannot answer any questions outside of the State of Florida, but for any FL-related questions, please feel free to use me as a resource. As this is a public forum, there is no attorney-client privilege created, but I'm fine to answer any questions and help the best I can.
Investor · Maui, HI · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 3k+ votes
13y
Hey Shawn Yesner welcome! No fruit throwing here - I actually LOVE when industry pros jump into the forums. 1.) It can be a terrific source of leads for you and 2.) You have knowledge that can help people on the site! It really is a win win.
Definitely read through this guide to help you learn how to best navigate the site for your business:
Daytona Beach, FL · Member since 2013 · 8 posts · 0 votes
13y
Shawn Yesner, I want to say welcome, from a fellow newbie to the BP site.
I am going to be beginning my real estate adventures soon. Due to my lack of full real estate law, and living in the Daytona Beach area, could we connect here on BP?
Attorney · Tampa, FL · Member since 2013 · 20 posts · 11 votes
13y
Caleb Sears thank you for the kind words and the follow. Absolutely, let's connect here on BP. If you have any specific questions, please message me directly (unless you want to post publicly for all to see and benefit from). Although I'm on the other coast, I'm still able to help you with any issues or questions you have.
Rental Property Investor · Buffalo, MN · Member since 2010 · 511 posts · 92 votes
13y
Hi Shawn Yesner welcome to BP. How great for my fellow REI's in FL to have you to ask questions. Have you worked on all different types of real estate, SFH's to Commercial?
Best of luck to you and your new firm, and please share your wisdom.
Attorney · Tampa, FL · Member since 2013 · 20 posts · 11 votes
13y
Thanks Bryan K.
Yes, I have experience from SFH to Commercial, including Short Sales, Foreclosures, Bankruptcy, Entity Structure, flips, Land Trusts, Subject-To, Lease-Option, etc.
Attorney · Tampa, FL · Member since 2013 · 20 posts · 11 votes
13y
Thanks Mehran Kamari . Years ago, I assisted the investor community here in Tampa Bay. Then the market crashed. Looking forward to making new connections and again helping investors create wealth.
Interior Decorator · Saint Petersburg, FL · Member since 2015 · 9 posts · 1 vote
11y
Shawn Yesner Hey, I'm a new investor here in the Tampa Bay Area and I'm looking for an attorney who could review my contracts before I start using them. I am interested in doing your typical turn-key investing and lease option type deals. Would you be able to help me with this? I see you're very familiar with these types of deals... Thanks!