Newbie in the Greater Memphis area (Southaven, MS)

Newbie in the Greater Memphis area (Southaven, MS)

Southaven, MS · Member since 2013 · 7 posts · 0 votes

Hello All!!! My name is Eric and I am new to BiggerPockets! I have been reading through the forums and they are so intriguing and informative. The wealth of knowledge on this forum is amazing! I'm looking to network with wholesalers and investors in the Greater Memphis Area , preferably the North Mississippi area. My plan is to start wholesaling and eventually get into other aspects of REI.

0Reply
16 views

13 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Brandon TurnerPro Member
    Investor · Maui, HI · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    13y

    Hey E Holman welcome to BiggerPockets! This community is really awesome for networking and the ability to learn so much for free. Here's a few of my favorite articles you may enjoy, on wholesaling:

    9 Reasons You Couldn’t Find A Buyer For Your Wholesale Deal
    Don’t Start Wholesaling Until You Read This: Wholesale Advice from a Fix and Flipper
    How to Start Wholesaling: Getting Past The Education and Into the Field

    Also - one of the best ways to stay in touch with what's going on is by setting up Keyword Alerts for stuff you might be interested in or maybe your local city. When those words are mentioned on the forums, you'll be notified and can jump into those conversations. It's a good way to meet people in your area.

    Welcome!

  • Austin, TX · Member since 2013 · 68 posts · 12 votes
    13y

    Welcome E Holman . I am also a new investor in the area with similar goals. There are quite a few experienced and helpful investors in our area that you'll meet on these forums.

  • Southaven, MS · Member since 2013 · 7 posts · 0 votes
    13y

    That's great Barry! Have you networked with any of them outside of the forum?

  • Austin, TX · Member since 2013 · 68 posts · 12 votes
    13y

    I've met a couple of them so far either for lunch or at the Memphis Investors Group meeting. I'm looking forward to meeting more in the time to come.

  • Southaven, MS · Member since 2013 · 7 posts · 0 votes
    13y

    @Barry Marshall Great! I'm looking forward to network with other investors in the area.

  • Bakersfield, CA · Member since 2013 · 184 posts · 19 votes
    13y

    Hey E Holman ,

    Welcome to BP. The forums here are a fantastic resource to gain knowledge of the market. This is also a great place to network and find people that can help you reach your goals. I would recommend that you also join your local REIA (Real Estate Investors Association) in Memphis. That may be a great place to find a wholesaler that you could potentially work with.

  • Horn Lake, MS · Member since 2013 · 31 posts · 3 votes
    13y

    I am also in the Horn Lake, MS (Greater Memphis) area. I have yet to attend any of the MIG meetings as of yet but I definitely have it on my list to do soon. Hopefully we can meet and until then I wish you the best of luck!

  • Southaven, MS · Member since 2013 · 7 posts · 0 votes
    13y

    Gary Mariencheck Have you started a buyer's list yet?

  • Specialist · Memphis, TN · Member since 2012 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    13y

    E Holman if you are looking for people to flip to I am always buying!

  • Southaven, MS · Member since 2013 · 7 posts · 0 votes
    13y

    Dean Letfus Thanks! Do you buy in Desoto County also?

  • Specialist · Memphis, TN · Member since 2012 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    13y

    Yes Sir!

  • Horn Lake, MS · Member since 2013 · 31 posts · 3 votes
    13y

    I have. Not too much growth yet.

  • Southaven, MS · Member since 2013 · 7 posts · 0 votes
    13y

    Great.....anything specific?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.