Allentown Pennsylvania Rental Investment- help

Allentown Pennsylvania Rental Investment- help

Member since 2020 · 15 posts · 5 votes

Hi everyone- I am new to the BP community and I am interested in starting my journey in real-estate investment (I just recently sold a rental property in NY because I moved to PA, and now I want to continue and do even more).

As a first step, I am educating myself (just completed the beginner guide of BP) and exploring the markets around where I live. I am particularly interested in buying and holding rental properties (single and multi-families) in Allentown PA due to proximity, population growth, and the job market. I have some questions for the BP Community:

  • 1) Where I can start looking for Real-state agents that “specializes” in single and /or multi-families houses for investors in Allentown PA ?
  • 2) Where I can start looking for a good real-estate investment lawyer in Allentown PA (or nearby)?
  • 3) Do you have any good advice about how/where to start?
  • 4) Is Allentown a good option or there are other towns with more potential in south-east PA?
  • 5) What should I be on the lookout for? When should be a good time to buy a rental property?

I know there are a lot of questions, but any help is welcome!

A bit about myself: I live ~30mins south of Allentown, PA. The goal of starting this journey is to get enough passive income so my wife can stop working sooner rather than later. My wife and I have an excellent FICO score (>780), a good debt-to-income ratio (<15%), a good amount of equity, and good W2 jobs to start this journey. I am a good handyman (or I like to believe so :P). I love crushing numbers and if you are interested in learning about Data Science or Machine Learning (or brainstorm how to use them for real-state investment) let me know!! (I teach this for a leaving so I can share some free resources :P).

1Reply
23 views

Most Popular Reply

Lender · Easton, PA · Member since 2019 · 90 posts · 32 votes
5y

@Brandon Pimm Hi Brandon and Christian! I am a property manager and realtor specializing in investment property specifically. If you have any questions or are looking for something specific, please shoot me a DM and we can talk more. There are also some meetups in the valley I can get you hooked up with.

As for the area, it’s amazing. Each part (Allentown, Bethlehem, and Easton) have their own culture and pricing. I suggest visiting each of them and doing some research to pick your favorite to start with. Good luck!

See this reply in the discussion

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Basit SiddiqiBusiness Member
    Accountant · New York, NY · Member since 2015 · 8k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    5y

    @david ribardo is a real estate agent in the allentown area.

    David, do you have a moment to educate @Christian Lopez on the allentown market?

  • Investor · NY · Member since 2019 · 171 posts · 80 votes
    5y

    @David Ribardo can definitely answer each and everyone of those questions

  • New to Real Estate · Manalapan, NJ · Member since 2020 · 11 posts · 2 votes
    5y

    @Christian Lopez

    Hi Christian. I'm also new to real estate investing and looking at the Lehigh Valley area to start my journey. How have you done since your original post?

  • Lender · Easton, PA · Member since 2019 · 90 posts · 32 votes
    5y

    @Brandon Pimm Hi Brandon and Christian! I am a property manager and realtor specializing in investment property specifically. If you have any questions or are looking for something specific, please shoot me a DM and we can talk more. There are also some meetups in the valley I can get you hooked up with.

    As for the area, it’s amazing. Each part (Allentown, Bethlehem, and Easton) have their own culture and pricing. I suggest visiting each of them and doing some research to pick your favorite to start with. Good luck!

  • Member since 2020 · 15 posts · 5 votes
    5y

    Hi @Brandon Pimm and @Cole Farrell, I am doing fine. I managed to find a good agent and got one property already that I am getting ready for rent. I also have another property under contract (this needs a bit more work but the ARV was still looking good), and openly looking for a third one now. Both properties in the Allentown Area, so I am interested in the investors meeting Cole.


Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.