Want to get back into REI in Knoxville, TN

Want to get back into REI in Knoxville, TN

Buy and Hold Investor · Knoxville, TN · Member since 2013 · 450 posts · 270 votes

Hello everyone. I live in Knoxville, TN. I did some real estate investing in the early 2000s (2002 - 2005) in the Atlanta market and then haven't done anything since then. I still hold one home I purchased during that time as a rental. I would like to get back into real estate investing, especially rehabbing, to hopefully retire early. :)

I need to learn more about this market in Knoxville before diving in. I've lived here almost 5 years, but all my ideas of prices of houses are based on Atlanta in the early 2000s. Knoxville is different, cheaper, thankfully.

0Reply
13 views

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Specialist · Orange County, CA · Member since 2008 · 2k+ posts · 623 votes
    13y

    Hi Chris Eaker,

    Welcome to BiggerPockets!

    The early 2000's -- those were "the good old days!" ;-)

    Cheaper prices may be good, but keep it in perspective and look at the rent-to-value ratio, cap rate, and your cash-on-cash return.

    See you around the forums.

    Continued success!

  • Brandon TurnerPro Member
    Investor · Maui, HI · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    13y

    Hey Chris Eaker welcome! This community is here to help you accomplish those goals, so feel free to jump in anytime and ask questions, answer stuff you know about, and you'll get out what you put in.

    If you haven't seen em yet, definitely check out:

    1.) Check out our "Start Here" page
    2.) Check out "The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing."

    Also, be sure to set up some Keyword Alerts for some of the topics you are knowledgeable about, or other topics that interest you (like wholesale, Tennessee, Rehab, etc ) so you'll be notified that those words were mentioned in the forums and can jump into those conversations! It's also an awesome way to meet new people from your area when they introduce themselves to this forum!

  • Buy and Hold Investor · Knoxville, TN · Member since 2013 · 450 posts · 270 votes
    13y

    Thank you for the warm welcome, Marco Santarelli and Brandon Turner! I am excited about participating in these forums. Another thing I've done is be a hard money lender for one house, and I'd like to do more of those notes. It's a pretty good return for not much effort on my part.

  • Tellico Plains, TN · Member since 2013 · 41 posts · 5 votes
    13y

    Hey! i live around the knoxville area. Good to see others in the area active in BP.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.