New Real Estate Investor from Denver, Colorado

New Real Estate Investor from Denver, Colorado

Wholesaler · Denver, CO · Member since 2013 · 9 posts · 0 votes

Hello everyone! I'm a new real estate investor from Denver, Colorado. I'm very excited to participate in this industry and learn as much as I can from more experienced people who have been doing this successfully! I'm currently still working a full-time job as a computer technician at a local corporation but am devoting my nights and weekends to starting up my own Real Estate Investment business.

I'm currently working on finding properties to Wholesale to investors to get some cash flow started up so I can invest in other areas in the hopefully nearish future. I'm not 100% sure what area of Real Estate I'm most interested in at the moment because there are so many great options and strategies, but SFR & multiplex Fix and Flips and Fix, Hold and Rent both appeal to me so I'm thinking that might be the direction I'm headed in when I get some more experience under my belt, although I may find many directions that interest me.

I'm really excited to be a part of this community and participate in these forums and I have so far had some great responses and interactions with other members. Thank you very much for the kind words and advice! :)

My goal within one year is hopefully to be able to quit my job, leave Corporate America in the dust forever and do Real Estate investing full time so I have more flexibility in my work schedule and more financial freedom to travel and give back to the community more than I can currently both with my time and my money. I also can't wait until I am actually getting paid directly in proportion to how hard I work instead of someone else making so much money off my sweat equity, I have a very strong work ethic, excellent customer service and communication/networking skills and unbridled enthusiasm and passion and these qualities are under-appreciated and under-compensated in my current career.

We live in northwest Denver and love living in Colorado, it's absolutely beautiful here and there are a lot of great activities and the mountains are just a Jeep ride away. I am a Colorado native and my husband is from Bolivia, South America and we are hoping to start a family later this year. I would really like to be able to raise my future kids and work out of my home and be with my family more. We both speak Spanish and he's working on his English, and I'm really hoping being bi-lingual will be a great help to us in this industry.

We really look forward to talking with and meeting other members and any help or advice anyone wants to give us as we start out on this Real Estate journey. Thank you very much and I hope everyone has a great weekend! :)

Dawn Fuentes

0Reply
15 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · New York City, NY · Member since 2013 · 17 posts · 7 votes
13y

Welcome Dawn,

Having started my own journey a few weeks ago, I can share the same enthusiasm. Exciting times ahead for sure. I too have been doing a considerable amount of study making sure i am well informed. This is a great site.

Best of luck,

Yvonne

See this reply in the discussion

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Cahaba Hts, AL · Member since 2013 · 22 posts · 3 votes
    13y

    Welcome Dawn Fuentes.

    I am a new investor also. I am from Castle Rock, CO. I can't wait to see you become successful. Check out the Bigger Pockets free book The Ultimate Beginners guide.It is a really good resource. I am currently working on a Business plan and the guide has helped a lot.

  • Bakersfield, CA · Member since 2013 · 184 posts · 19 votes
    13y

    Hey Dawn Fuentes,

    Welcome to BP. This pace is great for networking and receiving answers to your questions. Look forward to connecting with you.

  • Brandon TurnerPro Member
    Investor · Maui, HI · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    13y

    Hey Dawn Fuentes welcome to BiggerPockets! I use to live up Fort Collins (for a short time) and love it there!

    I love your enthusiasm and eagerness to jump into things! Don't let that die :) You'll find that the BP community is really tight and we all want to help each other succeed, and you'll definitely get out what you put in. So jump in, ask questions, follow people, send colleague requests, check out the blogs, and read articles!

    Here's a few of my favorite articles to get you started:

    9 Reasons You Couldn’t Find A Buyer For Your Wholesale Deal

    Don’t Start Wholesaling Until You Read This: Wholesale Advice from a Fix and Flipper

    How to Start Wholesaling: Getting Past The Education and Into the Field

    How to Buy a Small MultiFamily Property: A Step by Step Case Study

    Oh- and be sure to set up some Keyword Alerts for some of the topics you are knowledgeable about, or other topics that interest you (like wholesale, Denver, Rehab, etc ) so you'll be notified that those words were mentioned in the forums and can jump into those conversations! It's also an awesome way to meet new people from your area when they introduce themselves to this forum!

  • Investor · New York City, NY · Member since 2013 · 17 posts · 7 votes
    13y

    Welcome Dawn,

    Having started my own journey a few weeks ago, I can share the same enthusiasm. Exciting times ahead for sure. I too have been doing a considerable amount of study making sure i am well informed. This is a great site.

    Best of luck,

    Yvonne

  • Anson YoungBusiness Member
    Flipper/Rehabber · Denver, CO · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 726 votes
    13y

    Welcome Dawn!! Looking forward to networking and maybe see you at the Denver meetup for BP? http://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/86/topics/80565-bp-meetups-denver-2013

  • Denver, CO · Member since 2012 · 218 posts · 48 votes
    13y

    Hello from another Denver member.

    Come to out monthly meetup as Anson said. The main reason that I love the site is all of the local networking that comes along with it. Denver is am exciting place to be with everything that is happening right now.

  • Sandy, UT · Member since 2011 · 64 posts · 10 votes
    13y

    Welcome Dawn. Have you checked out the BP podcast yet? The last episode (#18) convinced me that marking for motivated sellers and wholesaling the deals would also be my route into real estate. I want to further encourage you to go to the meetup. It will be my first, but I have been looking forward to going all month.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.