New member from Orlando Florida area!

New member from Orlando Florida area!

Rental Property Investor · Orlando, FL · Member since 2020 · 18 posts · 13 votes

Hey all! I am 22 years old and currently working as a firefighter. I live in the suburbs of Orlando, FL (Lake Mary) and I can’t wait to begin my journey investing in real estate. Currently own no property’s but have around 25k saved up. Everyone has to start somewhere!

I have joined this community to learn as much as I can about real estate and investing. I also hope to meet new people and build a network in the central Florida area. Anyone feel free to add me and I would love to learn and/or work with you.

Currently my goal is to build a passive cash flow eventually, but I am open to any strategies at the moment.

As of right now I am looking for my first home that I can eventually turn into my first rental property. Any help on finding or advice would be greatly appreciated! (Somewhere in the suburbs of Orlando would be preferred)

Thanks for taking the time to read my bio!

Hope you all have a great day.

-Zachary Waterman

7Reply
28 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · Orlando, FL · Member since 2018 · 301 posts · 354 votes
5y

Welcome Zachary! Definitely check out our local real estate meet up @Bernadeau C. and @Shawn G. run; meets on Saturdays with virtual and in-person opportunities. 

In regards to strategies, if I was in your shoes I’d look for a duplex-quadplex to acquire with 3.5% down and house hack it. Get that 30-year financing at today’s cheap rates and go for it! Then start saving to do it again in a year or two. 

Looking forward to seeing you in one of our meet ups! 

See this reply in the discussion

33 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Member since 2020 · 9 posts · 6 votes
    5y

    Hello everyone,

    I’m new as well and been following consuming information for few weeks. Live din Orlando for 20 years and very very familiar with most neighborhood especially downtown Orlando and neighboring areas. 

    Would also like to join the meetings.


    Good luck everyone! 

  • Member since 2020 · 15 posts · 5 votes
    5y

    Hi @Zachary Waterman, I’m relatively new to BP as well. Best of luck!

  • Rental Property Investor · Orlando, FL · Member since 2020 · 18 posts · 13 votes
    5y

    @Vicki Clark see you there!

  • Rental Property Investor · Orlando, FL · Member since 2020 · 18 posts · 13 votes
    5y

    @Matthew Lopez awesome! Where are you from? If in central Florida I’ll make sure to follow you

  • New to Real Estate · ORLANDO, FL · Member since 2020 · 6 posts · 3 votes
    5y

    Hello all I am also fairly new to BP. I’m a recent graduate from UCF currently living near Altamonte. If you guys haven’t hit capacity yet on your meet ups lol I’d like to be apart of that as well.

  • Specialist · Plano, TX · Member since 2020 · 2k+ posts · 861 votes
    5y

    Absolutely. Look into it, I think you'd be into the idea. @Zachary Waterman

  • Rental Property Investor · Orlando, FL · Member since 2020 · 18 posts · 13 votes
    5y

    @Fritzner Paul I’m sure there’s room! Just send a message to @Shawn G. He is the one with the details.

  • New to Real Estate · ORLANDO, FL · Member since 2020 · 6 posts · 3 votes
    5y

    @Zachary Waterman sounds good!!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.