Tampa Real Estate Agent Interested In Investing

Tampa Real Estate Agent Interested In Investing

Property Manager · Member since 2020 · 108 posts · 68 votes

Hello BP Members!

My name is Dylan "Joshua" Adlam and I am so excited to join the bigger pockets community. I am currently a 22 year old (recent Rollins College grad) licensed real estate agent working as a property manager and leasing consultant in Tampa Florida. After listening to about 50-100 bigger pockets/real-estate podcast, and reading 10-15 real estate books,  I have finally decided to take a leap of faith into the investment realm of real estate.

My current goals

1. I am seeking to find my first investment property (multi family or single family) and build a portfolio in the Tampa and Orlando area. I have given myself a year to accomplish this goal.

I am deeply seeking guidance on how to obtain my first rental investment. Although I have read and listened to the proper material,  I am still struggling to discern what deal is the right deal to take my initial stab at. Any direction  as to the next steps to take would be greatly appreciated!

1Reply
12 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Realtor · Tampa Bay · Member since 2019 · 68 posts · 35 votes
    5y

    I would start setting a cashflow, CoC, ROA goal and running the numbers in different areas from Tampa to Orlando to see what is feasable/obtainable. Then from there you should be able to narrow your search down to a smaller target area and be ready to buy when something meets your qualifications.

  • Property Manager · Member since 2020 · 108 posts · 68 votes
    5y

    Thanks Adam, I definitely need to understand the process of running the numbers and understanding the different areas in Tampa. Would you be able to educate me on the Tampa market?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.