Urban Planner + R.E. Agent + Civil Eng Newbies Ventura County, CA

Urban Planner + R.E. Agent + Civil Eng Newbies Ventura County, CA

Member since 2020 · 7 posts · 0 votes

Hello Bigger Pockets Community!! After listening to BP podcasts for the last 3 three months (I thank the quarantine for that) I finally became a member of BP! I am an urban planner and licensed real estate agent. My husband (a civil engineer) and I are preparing for our first deal and hope to grab it in 6mo-1yr. We reside in Thousand Oaks which is in Ventura County (between Santa Barbara and L.A. counties). We both have worked in local government for many years and long for the day when we can both say good bye to cubicle work for good! We know we may have to grab it outside our local area due to the high prices of California so we are studying Bakersfield, Patterson, Visalia, Monterey County which are more affordable markets since we are very familiar with those areas. 

As a couple composed of a city planner/R.E. agent and civil engineer we are knowledgeable in the process and requirements for new development (whether it be residential or commercial) and selling/buying real estate. We look forward to meeting and growing with y'all!

0Reply
22 views

Most Popular Reply

Specialist · Westlake Village, CA · Member since 2010 · 1k+ posts · 781 votes
6y

Nice to meet a fellow Ventura County investor.  Best of luck with your journey!

See this reply in the discussion

8 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Specialist · Westlake Village, CA · Member since 2010 · 1k+ posts · 781 votes
    6y

    Nice to meet a fellow Ventura County investor.  Best of luck with your journey!

  • Mike RobbPro Member
    Realtor · Ventura County, CA · Member since 2016 · 58 posts · 28 votes
    6y

    @Veronica Ortiz-De Anda ditto for what Ellis said!

    I am local to Ventura County, a civil engineer for the Navy and live in Camarillo. Let’s sync up soon and discuss goals!

    I will be a licensed RE agent very soon as I am taking my exam in October.

    I am currently marketing direct to local owners and working with Cash buyers... who knows, you might find opportunities to invest locally as well if you have the right deal.

    Cheers- Mike

  • Rental Property Investor · Central California · Member since 2018 · 40 posts · 16 votes
    6y

    I live in Visalia.  I'd be happy to show you around.  There is a buying frenzy right now, but a correction is coming.  There are already signs.  Good Luck!  

  • Member since 2020 · 3 posts · 1 vote
    6y

    I’m in Thousand Oaks as well, looking forward to getting started!

  • Member since 2020 · 7 posts · 0 votes
    6y

    Thanks for the taking the time to say "hi"! It feels good to know there are locals in my area. Steven, I know that Visalia is a different market than Ventura for sure...a lot more inventory and I think a lot more new construction too. I will keep your name in my directory for when we are ready. Thanks!

  • Realtor · Ventura, CA · Member since 2013 · 58 posts · 6 votes
    6y

    Glad to see a new face in Ventura County. I am a wholesaler and come across deals throughout the county so let don't hesitate to reach out and maybe I can help you find your next investment property.

  • Investor · Central Valley, CA · Member since 2018 · 1 post · 0 votes
    5y

    Hi Veronica, I also live in Visalia! Let me know if you ever have any questions about the local area. Happy to help in anyway I can

  • Member since 2020 · 6 posts · 1 vote
    5y

    @Veronica Ortiz-De Anda

    Nice to meet you! I am also from Ventura County (Oxnard) and fairly new to REI! Excited to get into this!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.