New to Real Estate Investing - Houston, TX

New to Real Estate Investing - Houston, TX

New to Real Estate · Sugar Land, TX · Member since 2020 · 4 posts · 3 votes

Hi BiggerPockets!

I am a newbie from Houston looking to get started investing in rental properties in my local area. I graduated from college in May and recently started a full-time job in August. I was introduced to BiggerPockets this summer and began educating myself through the blogs, books, podcasts, webinars, forum posts, etc.

I was quickly hooked to the idea of financial independence through real estate after seeing the recent spike In unemployment and economic struggles. I really enjoy my current job, and my goal with REI is to supplement my W-2 income in order to provide a stable cushion during future economic downturns. I would love to connect with other real estate investors in the Houston area. BiggerPockets has been a great resource so far, and I am excited to make valuable connections out of it!

0Reply
17 views

Most Popular Reply

New to Real Estate · Houston, TX · Member since 2020 · 8 posts · 2 votes
6y

Hey Arjun,

Nice to meet you. I am also in the Houston area and am just getting into real estate. I’d love to connect and grab a coffee sometime. How does that sound? 

See this reply in the discussion

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • New to Real Estate · Houston, TX · Member since 2020 · 8 posts · 2 votes
    6y

    Hey Arjun,

    Nice to meet you. I am also in the Houston area and am just getting into real estate. I’d love to connect and grab a coffee sometime. How does that sound? 

  • Specialist · Houston, TX · Member since 2016 · 23 posts · 35 votes
    6y

    @Arjun Rao Hey Arjun! Welcome!

    If you’re interested in low and no money down strategies, shoot me an email!

    I got started in 2017 and owned at max 12 doors all purchased via auction or using creative financing strategies (cc balance transfers, subject to, and owner finance wraps).

  • Homeowner · CT · Member since 2020 · 34 posts · 23 votes
    6y

    @Arjun Rao and @Larry G. Freeney welcome to BiggerPockets!  Houston is a great market.  Good luck to both of you!

  • New to Real Estate · Sugar Land, TX · Member since 2020 · 4 posts · 3 votes
    6y

    @Andrew B. I appreciate it!

    @Larry G. Freeney Sounds great! I'll send you a pm.

    @Jimmy Le That is definitely something I am looking to learn more about. I'll reach out.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.