Newbi from Utica Michigan

Newbi from Utica Michigan

Virtual Assistant · Utica, MI · Member since 2013 · 18 posts · 0 votes

Hello,

I am Teresa Horning from Utica Michigan.
My partner and I started looking into investing in September 2012.
I am one of those that has paid a ton for classes, videos, software and games to learn as much as I can.
What I have learned from that so far is that networking is key.
My role so far in my partnership has been in taking in as much information as possible however I can get it, running numbers, generating leads, finding funding and disseminating information. In addition to this I am also trying to learn hands on information for rehabbing and inspecting when I can.
My goal is to know as much as possible about the whole process so that I can be more informed about what I'm looking at, what I am being told and what I'm talking about.

My partner has been working with construction, rehabbing and appraising for many years in one form or another, but not for investing until now.

I am also on Facebook under Teresa Horning with a pic of GOALS. I mention this because I did not see that option in the profile page.

I hope I did my introduction correctly and I hope to actually meet at least some of you in person at a meeting, event or on a project.

Teresa Horning

0Reply
30 views

23 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Virtual Assistant · Utica, MI · Member since 2013 · 18 posts · 0 votes
    13y

    That would be Newbie from Utica MI with a lot of Hoping going on.

    I'm sure this will be easier when I upgrade to the larger screen iPhone.

    T

  • Investor · SE, MI · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 461 votes
    13y

    Welcome to BP!

    I am a newbie in Michigan, too, looking for buy and hold multifamily properties in Wayne & Washtenaw counties.

    You'll find a lot of great information and people on here!

    Kelly

  • Virtual Assistant · Utica, MI · Member since 2013 · 18 posts · 0 votes
    13y

    Thanks Kelly,
    I am looking forward to it.

    T

  • Joshua D.Pro Member
    BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    13y

    Thanks for signing up for the site -- welcome to BiggerPockets, Teresa Horning!

  • Virtual Assistant · Utica, MI · Member since 2013 · 18 posts · 0 votes
    13y

    Thanks Joshua.

  • Seth WilliamsPro Member
    Specialist · Grand Rapids, MI · Member since 2012 · 582 posts · 353 votes
    13y

    Welcome Teresa Horning - Utica is a nice place.

    I've got family that lives on both Vanker Rd and Platt St, and my grandpa built two retail buildings on VanDyke and Hall as well.

    Small world!

  • Real Estate Agent · Madison Heights, MI · Member since 2012 · 58 posts · 3 votes
    13y

    Welcome fellow Michigander! I'm a newbie also, but I'm moving towards wholesaling.

    Good Luck!

  • Virtual Assistant · Utica, MI · Member since 2013 · 18 posts · 0 votes
    13y

    Daniel, what area are you working in? Maybe you can wholesale me some deals in macomb or Oakland counties to rehab. Also looking for owner financed income properties or just really good deals on income properties.

    Seth and Joshua, what are the awards for?

    Teresa

  • Investor · Howell, MI · Member since 2011 · 202 posts · 52 votes
    13y

    Hi Teresa,

    Welcome to BP. What area (location) are you looking to invest in?

  • Virtual Assistant · Utica, MI · Member since 2013 · 18 posts · 0 votes
    13y

    I'm currently looking in Oakland and macomb counties, but for good deals I am willing to look at the deal and see if it will work for us.

    Teresa

  • Rental Property Investor · Oxford, MI · Member since 2013 · 98 posts · 18 votes
    13y

    Hi Teresa...welcome to BP. I am a newbie from Michigan as well and looking for a rehab.

  • Annapolis, MD · Member since 2013 · 67 posts · 9 votes
    13y

    Teresa,

    Welcome to BP! The awards you see listed under members' avatars are simply generated by the forums database—usually for reaching a certain number of posts, generating hot topics, or maybe even longevity. If you click around on a few profiles, you can get a better explanation.

  • Virtual Assistant · Utica, MI · Member since 2013 · 18 posts · 0 votes
    13y

    Thank you for the explanations.
    Everything is being very helpful!!

    I'm looking for a good reia group. Does anyone attend the Oakland county reia?
    Can you tell me when and where there regular meetings are? Or would you recommend another group in or around Oakland or macomb counties?

  • Rental Property Investor · Phoenix/Lima, Arizona/OH · Member since 2012 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    13y

    Welcome Teresa. You are right; to do RE the right way you must create an inbound system for generating leads. Ask youself: why should they call me first? Answering this question will help you position yourself in the flow of information and deals.

    P.S. Just sent you a friend request on facebook

  • Brandon TurnerPro Member
    Investor · Maui, HI · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    13y

    Hey Teresa Horning welcome to BiggerPockets! Let me know if I can help you out in any way as you go forward!

  • Virtual Assistant · Utica, MI · Member since 2013 · 18 posts · 0 votes
    13y

    Thank you Brandon

  • Investor · West Bloomfield, MI · Member since 2009 · 358 posts · 306 votes
    13y
    Originally posted by Teresa Horning:
    Thank you for the explanations.
    Everything is being very helpful!!

    I'm looking for a good reia group. Does anyone attend the Oakland county reia?
    Can you tell me when and where there regular meetings are? Or would you recommend another group in or around Oakland or macomb counties?

    I'd recommend these three:

    - Michigan Real Estate Investors - Great REIA run by Wendy Patton of Lease-Option fame, meets in Troy, http://www.michiganrealestateinvestors.com/

    - Renegade Detroit Investors - Another great REIA, run by Jeremy Burgess. Smaller, no selling from front of the room allowed (no guru pitches). Meets in Berkley. http://www.facebook.com/DetroitInvestmentClub

    - REIA of Oakland (County)- Grandaddy of local REIAs. Meets in Madison Heights. http://www.reiaofoakland.com

    I'm a member of the first two and used to be a member of the third (a good group, more guru pitches than I like but worth checking out).

    Hope to see you...

  • Virtual Assistant · Utica, MI · Member since 2013 · 18 posts · 0 votes
    13y

    Thank You Tom
    Very helpful.

    I am having a small Cashflow game night wednesday 27 at 6 pm, with some local teens at the
    City of Auburn Hills
    Community Center
    1827 N. Squirrel Road
    Auburn Hills, Michigan 48326

    All are welcome to attend.
    This will be our first game night of many I hope.
    Striving for fun and learning in a relaxed atmosphere.

  • Involved In Real Estate · Rochester Hills, MI · Member since 2010 · 812 posts · 178 votes
    13y

    Late to the party, but welcome teresa! Any questions just ask and i'll see if i can answer them for you!!

  • Virtual Assistant · Utica, MI · Member since 2013 · 18 posts · 0 votes
    13y

    Thank you Joe!!
    I'm sure I'm going to have a lot of them.
    I have come to notice that I probably need to take the class for the realtor license myself so that I don't drive my realtors over the edge.
    Do you recommend any place or person in particular?

  • Involved In Real Estate · Rochester Hills, MI · Member since 2010 · 812 posts · 178 votes
    13y
    Originally posted by Teresa Horning:
    Thank you Joe!!
    I'm sure I'm going to have a lot of them.
    I have come to notice that I probably need to take the class for the realtor license myself so that I don't drive my realtors over the edge.
    Do you recommend any place or person in particular?

    I just did mine online. Whatever brokerage you'd sign with would have someone to suggest to you!

  • Property Manager · Livonia, MI · Member since 2011 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    13y

    welcome. i am in mid wayne county. just rentals.

  • Virtual Assistant · Utica, MI · Member since 2013 · 18 posts · 0 votes
    13y

    Hi George,

    How are you!!
    I'm working on similar goals and my first property.
    I am always looking for my next opportunity, new information and team members that I can be of benefit to and grow with.

    I am very Glad you are here George P

    Teresa
    [email protected]
    Also on FB

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.