Newbie Investor in the Tampa Bay Area

Newbie Investor in the Tampa Bay Area

Largo FL · Member since 2019 · 4 posts · 2 votes

Hello everyone! My name is Jordan, I am 24 years old and currently trying to get my feet wet in the real estate world. I was born and raised in Pinellas County FL so this is where I would love to begin investing! Real estate has always been something that has captured my attention, but it wasn't until recently that I have decided to pivot my career choice.

A little background knowledge of me; I currently work in upper management at a local Chick-fil-A. I have worked there for about 6 years and throughout the process learned a lot about myself and about business. I was previously (before deciding real estate) on the path to becoming a Chick-fil-A Owner/Operator. Owning and running a business is my passion, however, I have decided to mix this passion with my love of real estate! 

All of this being said, I am mainly interested in learning about house flipping and rentals. I am so excited to be a part of this community and I can't wait to connect with local investors and flippers to learn more about what it means to work in real estate!

2Reply
29 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Agent · Tampa, FL · Member since 2017 · 191 posts · 98 votes
6y

Hey @Jordan Reid

Welcome! There are so many great things the forums can teach you. There are a lot of great threads for new investors as well. 

I would also recommend trying out the calculators and maybe inserting some prospective properties to familiarize yourself with the terms and expected costs when purchasing/maintaining a rental along with doing flips. The glossary is also a great help as well!

Good luck!

See this reply in the discussion

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Lender · Frisco, TX · Member since 2019 · 546 posts · 270 votes
    6y

    Hi @Jordan Reid, great to meet you. My fiance and I are both residential lenders in the Tampa Bay area. Are you involved with any of the TBREIA groups?

  • Largo FL · Member since 2019 · 4 posts · 2 votes
    6y

    @Elise Marquette no ma’am I am not!

  • Aaron T.Pro Member
    Developer · Aguada, PR · Member since 2014 · 928 posts · 279 votes
    6y

    welcome to BP. you can spend all day and night learning here. its a great forum. 

  • Real Estate Agent · Tampa, FL · Member since 2017 · 191 posts · 98 votes
    6y

    Hey @Jordan Reid

    Welcome! There are so many great things the forums can teach you. There are a lot of great threads for new investors as well. 

    I would also recommend trying out the calculators and maybe inserting some prospective properties to familiarize yourself with the terms and expected costs when purchasing/maintaining a rental along with doing flips. The glossary is also a great help as well!

    Good luck!

  • Real Estate Broker · Clearwater, FL · Member since 2018 · 28 posts · 11 votes
    6y

    @Jordan Reid welcome!

    I'm a local Realtor, investor, and handle rentals and STR's. Reach out if I can help in anyway, answer any questions you have, discuss long-term goals. Let's meet for coffee.

    Congrats on this new journey!

  • Largo FL · Member since 2019 · 4 posts · 2 votes
    6y

    @KerryAnn Fuller thank you! I will definitely keep coffee in mind!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.