*NEWBIE* Father to be INVESTOR DAD (florida)

*NEWBIE* Father to be INVESTOR DAD (florida)

Fort Lauderdale, FL · Member since 2015 · 6 posts · 4 votes

Hey BP Forum! 

This is my introduction to this amazing platform.

I am a 29 year old husband and father to be, ready to dive into real estate investing. 

My wife and I are big into traveling and are looking to buy and hold properties for longterm. 

Some topics we will talk about in the future are, investing in europe, florida vacation homes, credit repair, marketing real estate. 

If you are located in South Florida and would like to meet up for some coffee give me a shout! 

P.S. We are looking for an experienced Realtor in the next month or 2 

2Reply
30 views

8 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Equity Raiser and Turnkey Provider · Cleveland, OH · Member since 2016 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Jonpaul Nadeau:

    Hey BP Forum! 

    This is my introduction to this amazing platform.

    I am a 29 year old husband and father to be, ready to dive into real estate investing. 

    My wife and I are big into traveling and are looking to buy and hold properties for longterm. 

    Some topics we will talk about in the future are, investing in europe, florida vacation homes, credit repair, marketing real estate. 

    If you are located in South Florida and would like to meet up for some coffee give me a shout! 

    P.S. We are looking for an experienced Realtor in the next month or 2 

     Hello and welcome! Best of luck to you!

  • Fort Lauderdale, FL · Member since 2015 · 6 posts · 4 votes
    6y

    Thanks Tom! 

    Really excited to see where these next few years take us. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Munich, Germany · Member since 2018 · 54 posts · 22 votes
    6y

    Hi @Jonpaul Nadeau I live in Germany and invest here and in Italy. Just let me know if I can help you with something in Europe. =]

    Cheers. 

  • Fort Lauderdale, FL · Member since 2015 · 6 posts · 4 votes
    6y

    Hey @André Rairan Zacchi Pereira,

    Thank you for your response. I am very interested in investment opportunities in europe. My wife is european citizen

    and we absolutely love italy, we just got married in Sorrento last year. Have you seen a large increase in inventory in 

    Italy due to covid related deaths? Can you refer me to a guide or article on the home buying process for EU citizens?

    Where in Italy are you investing? I personally love near South Tyrol and Amalfi Coast. 

    Lets connect! 

  • Rental Property Investor · Munich, Germany · Member since 2018 · 54 posts · 22 votes
    6y

    Hi Jonpaul, such a coincidence! I was supposed to go to a marriage in Sorrento this summer but plans changed due to COVID.

    I haven't seen any changes in Inventory so far. Italy was getting a higher number of sales pre-COVID (higher volume, not higher prices), but then things slowed down due to the quarantine, etc. Here's an article in Italian about that: 

    I don't have any guide or article in mind, but I'll look into that. The process is different from the US, but it's pretty much the same for EU citizens and foreigners. Some banks will give you a slightly higher LTV % if you are an EU-citizen, but what counts most is your place of residence. If you live outside the country you are buying in the EU, it hardly goes over 50/60%. For example, I am Italian, I own property in Italy, but I live in Germany and my primary income is from Germany, so Italian banks give me a hard time financing there. It's possible, though.

    I have four doors in the Lombardia region ("near" Milan) and one in Friuli Venezia Giulia. I don't know much about Südtirol but's a pretty developed area too. Many people only speak German there... =P Amalfi I don't know much either, just that is pretty touristic and a VIP area.

    Sure, let's connect!

  • Ned CareyPro Member
    Moderator
    Investor · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2008 · 17k+ posts · 13k+ votes
    6y

    @Jonpaul Nadeau welcome to BP. I know we have a lot of members from south Florida here. Good luck to you. 

  • Fort Lauderdale, FL · Member since 2015 · 6 posts · 4 votes
    6y

    @Ned Carey Thank you! 

    Looking forward to seeing you are the Forum!

  • Realtor · Austin, TX · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    6y

    Welcome and a big congratulations! 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.